LVL hasn’t worked

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
I done a LVL on Friday and the lashes didn’t curl- I done what I would normally do, left it ok for the correct time etc.

I’m thinking I used the wrong silicone roller size- I used the small ones. If her lashes weren’t that short then could this of been the reason her Lashes didn’t curl?

The solutions are the ones in the pots rather than sachet but the solution isn’t really that old but could it be that- I haven’t done a LVL treatment since.

I said to the client I will re do her lashes- how long would you recommend to leave it until she has them done again or does it not matter?

Would really appreciate your advice.

Hi I had the same experience with a client (except I use salon system not LVL). I was confident that I did everything right. I.e got the shield as close to lash line as possible, got the solution as close to the lash line, correct timings etc. If you google it it can be many things but one of them can just be naturally oily lashes that just don’t lift. I was honest with her and told her it could be a number of things and that this was one possibility, and that I was happy to give it another go (I don’t see why you would have to wait for this maybe try it again the following week?) or I would meet her half way with the price to cover the tint part of the treatment (which worked fine) and the cost of stock. She chose this option therefore I gave her half her money back. Luckily she was really understanding but it is horrible when it doesn’t work how did you leave it? X

Length of lashes shouldn’t prevent them from curling at all by the way. X

Thank you both for replying- I used the salon system solutions not LVL this client had her lashes done before and it worked fine- this is going to sound terrible but I didn’t cleanse the lashes before- I never do this and it always comes out fine but it could be possible maybe the lashes had oil on them.

I will make sure I cleanse over the lashes- what is the best thing to use? Would just water be ok? I have the Flirties primer which I use before doing lash extensions could i use this?

Im thinking of using the medium shield instead of the small. I’m not sure wether to use the salon sachet this time or to use the solution pots does anyone know how long the solution pots last? I brought them in the middle of June but not sure when I first used them but say it was June that’s only 4 months surely it lasts longer than this?

Hey. If you dont use nouveau you cant call it LVL. What you do is lash lifts. Maybe try a different brand and see how it compares to salon systems? Habe u asked the client if there on any medication? As for cleansing I get the client to wipe there eyes with oil free make up remover then I prime the lashes with flirties primer.

You definitely need to cleanse the lashes beforehand as this can cause them not to lift. If there’s anything on them at all it can act as a barrier

Thank you both for replying- I used the salon system solutions not LVL this client had her lashes done before and it worked fine- this is going to sound terrible but I didn’t cleanse the lashes before- I never do this and it always comes out fine but it could be possible maybe the lashes had oil on them.

I will make sure I cleanse over the lashes- what is the best thing to use? Would just water be ok? I have the Flirties primer which I use before doing lash extensions could i use this?

Im thinking of using the medium shield instead of the small. I’m not sure wether to use the salon sachet this time or to use the solution pots does anyone know how long the solution pots last? I brought them in the middle of June but not sure when I first used them but say it was June that’s only 4 months surely it lasts longer than this?

Water won’t cleanse the lashes, you need an oil free cleanser and why are you considering using a larger shield?

Tbh I’d there are a few basic questions here that should have been covered in your training. I’d go back over your training notes and if you aren’t sure how long you can keep the opened pots then contact them and ask. If in doubt at all then use a fresh sachet or pot.

Apologies if that sounds harsh but you’re working on clients eyes and don’t really seem to be knowledgeable which is a concern

Latest posts

Back