LVL help needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie13

Reaction score
OK so we had a client come in for LVL, she had come far away and didn’t have a patch test but signed a full waver.
She was given post treatment advice verbally on how to wash the area etc.
She left the clinic happy and with no reaction.
She had emailed today saying she’s had a reaction her eyes are red etc, we advised her to take piriton and to seek medical advice.
She has since messaged to say that she hasn’t had a reaction as she is not allergic but has been told she has chemical burns from excess product being left on them!
We do hundreds of these treatments every month and have never had anyone complain.
Lvl give you a certain amount of product per client so I’m unsure if there would be excess product left!
She also washed her face before even 24 hours was up, would this of made the product go into the eye?!
She has now said she can’t work for a week and will be seeking legal advice!!

Well who told her she's not allergic? Did she see a doctor? Did she have an allergy test? And could she prove it? Where are the test results? To which by the way she has signed the waiver.
It seems to me she wasn't happy for whatever reason and since she can't claim allergy because of the waiver she has found something else to make you take the blame. I won't deny her the red eye, but she doesn't seem to have followed proper aftercare if she washed her eyes before the 24h. That alone makes her claim void, unless she was advised to wash by a doctor.

If she comes back with her legal advice, ask her to show you her medical tests, before you decide on anything. She could refuse of course as it's personal info but If you make it to court those tests will be summoned anyway.

Don't agree to compensate her. That's pretty much stating you did wrong.

Hmm, I know you can't go back in time but in future I would definitely insist on a patch test. As a professional, you should always insist on following guidelines and this includes patch tests - as far as I'm concerned, waivers aren't worth anything and I think this is the view of quite a few insurance companies in the UK. I'm always very firm about it, I've had aggression from a couple of potential clients about it but I always thought that was a good way of weeding out problem clients before it starts!

But for your current issue - make sure that everything is documented. The client washing her face within 24 hours shouldn't have caused a problem as you would have removed any trace of product at the time, so I definitely wouldn't go down that route with her. Her saying that she has been told it was chemical burns rather than an allergy is absolute boll**ks as the clinical presentation of both would be the same (other than systemic symptoms also possibly being present for an allergy). I think she's probably at the trying it on stage, I would ensure that all communication you do with her is recorded (i.e. written rather than telephone calls) and that at this stage, you just keep reiterating good advice about how to deal with the issue. I wouldn't get involved in any communication about the cause of the reaction but rather just wait and see what she is going to do. Would also be worth contacting your insurance company for their advice?

AND ALWAYS DO A PATCH TEST!

OK so we had a client come in for LVL, she had come far away and didn’t have a patch test but signed a full waver.
She was given post treatment advice verbally on how to wash the area etc.
She left the clinic happy and with no reaction.
She had emailed today saying she’s had a reaction her eyes are red etc, we advised her to take piriton and to seek medical advice.
She has since messaged to say that she hasn’t had a reaction as she is not allergic but has been told she has chemical burns from excess product being left on them!
We do hundreds of these treatments every month and have never had anyone complain.
Lvl give you a certain amount of product per client so I’m unsure if there would be excess product left!
She also washed her face before even 24 hours was up, would this of made the product go into the eye?!
She has now said she can’t work for a week and will be seeking legal advice!!

I have to be brutally honest here Hun. I don’t think you’ll have a leg to stand on if you haven’t done a patch test. Wavers don’t mean anything these days. You should always patch test. If you can’t then you can send it out but I won’t even do that.
I’d call up your insurance company for some advice.
Where is the chemical burn? On the wet line? Her eyeball. Has she sent you pictures?

Latest posts

Back