LVL Lash Lift problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kayleighajon

Reaction score
I have been doing lash lifts since April last year, with amazing results. I normally do the treatment on myself also with no problems, however just before I gave birth to my daughter in December I re did the lift on myself to a horrific result. I somehow lost all my skills, attached my lashes to the silicone lid all crossed, in turn leaving them frazzled and all crossed and vile.

Like I say that was in December before Christmas - I've been using vaseline on them and a no7 lash primer but they are still as curled, crossed and awful.

Is there any way of relaxing the lashes to get them back to normal?

ANY ADVICE would be amazing..

Have you tried Revitalash? I know a few ladies that have used to help grow their lashes and it really worked x

I think if you put some stage 1 (perm lotion) on then brush that through for a while then remove and do the same with the setting lotion that should relax them a bit. You could then nourish them for a while before relifting when they are back in better condition.

Hiya hun, I'm so sorry I haven't got any advice with regards to your situation but I wanted to ask how you do it on yourself!? I qualified in October to do lvl and absolutely love them! Was so gutted when they dropped didn't want to try doing it myself but also don't want to pay to have them done lol.. I know I sound dumb asking how you do it on yourself but I mean is it tricky keeping 1 eye open and the other closed? Xx

You should be able to do them again if it were December you last did them? Altho I am surprised they didn't go back to normal yet. Maybe try a larger shield and don't leave the solutions on for v long? I'm sure in training it was said if they had gone horribly wrong you could redo them but only keeping the solution on for half the time? Don't quote me on that tho - I'd have to check my notes and have never had to do it thank god.

I do my own too - I do an eye at a time and I cut off the top bit of the shield to make it easier. I find it too hard to keep one eye closed and the other open so I just have them both open (Altho the one with the shield on does look like I've been punched in the eye!!). It starts to feel a little itchy towards the end of the treatment but I find it ok! x

I've been doing LVL for about two years now and am now able to do my own, both eyes at once. I started out doing one eye at a time, but once you've mastered that, it's not that much more difficult to do two eyes at once with eyes half closed. It's definitely a knack though.

If your lashes are looking frazzled even a couple of months later, then it may be that you've taken the solution up the lash too far. It should really only be taken up as far as the bend on the shield and no more (or they start going back on themselves), and only covering the base of the lashes which is the thickest and strongest part. It's definitely tough doing it on yourself...so painstakingly slow and frustrating! but hopefully it was a one-off bad set for you. Your lashes will look back to normal in no time!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back