LVL lashes - not lifting enough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaraBeauty

Reaction score
Hi there,

I trained in LVL end of last year and am still having trouble with lashes lifting from the root. I tend to use the small shields mostly as most of my clients want a dramatic lift. I try and place the shields as close to the lash line as possible and lift them straight up onto the shield and wait 10 minutes with the lifting balm and 5 minutes with the volumizing balm, I then do the tint the traditional way as I find if I tint up onto the shield the tint doesn't get down to the root of the lash especially with my blonde hair clients... Once I do the tint they seem to point downward again? I have attached a client photo for reference, the lift from the middle part of the lash is great but wanting to get that complete lift from the root as when client looks face on there isn't much difference :(
Image-1_zpsmdj5pgz3.jpeg

Please help!! Thank you in advance ladies x :)

Last edited:
Hi, yes I can see what you mean, I use another system not lvl and never has this problem. Would it have anything to so with your timings? Mine have to be left on between 12 and 15 minutes both products. Maybe someone who does lvl can give some advice. X

Hi, yes I can see what you mean, I use another system not lvl and never has this problem. Would it have anything to so with your timings? Mine have to be left on between 12 and 15 minutes both products. Maybe someone who does lvl can give some advice. X
Kiki what other system do you use? I was wondering if I should have left the second solution on for longer but that wasn't how we were taught at the training and don't want to leave it on longer than recommended time incase something awful happens :eek: Not too sure what the problem is.. Hopefully someone can answer this question x

I can't help at all but I also use lvl and since they have changed product my lifts aren't very good or don't lift at all it's soooo frustrating as losing faith in it when I'm not doing anything different

I can't help at all but I also use lvl and since they have changed product my lifts aren't very good or don't lift at all it's soooo frustrating as losing faith in it when I'm not doing anything different
I agree ever since they changed product the lifting balm smells absolutely horrible!! It did have a distinct smell before they changed the product but now its very overpowering and not sure why now the volumizing fix is a yellow colour? Maybe it's not as strong anymore, too hesitant to leave the products on longer than recommended time to see if that makes a difference..

I have spoken to them about it aswel and apparently the timings are all completely the same! But I have totally lost faith in it tempted to try a different brand now especially as lvl is the most expensive anyway lol x

I have spoken to them about it aswel and apparently the timings are all completely the same! But I have totally lost faith in it tempted to try a different brand now especially as lvl is the most expensive anyway lol x
Let me know if you find another brand that works better tempted to do the same!x

I trained with LVL way back in the day and used to get great results. Recently (packaging changing) not one of my clients has lifted. We've re done again and still no lift. My timing are different from my staff as I trained many years ago so I leave the solutions on longer. Still doesn't make a difference.

Anyway, after reading on salon geek, we're trailing Flirties. So far 4/4 lifts just like LVL used to be in the good old days. And it costs at least 40% less to do. We've got another 4 lifts this week that I'll be using flirties on. I'll report back with how I get on.

I trained with LVL way back in the day and used to get great results. Recently (packaging changing) not one of my clients has lifted. We've re done again and still no lift. My timing are different from my staff as I trained many years ago so I leave the solutions on longer. Still doesn't make a difference.

Anyway, after reading on salon geek, we're trailing Flirties. So far 4/4 lifts just like LVL used to be in the good old days. And it costs at least 40% less to do. We've got another 4 lifts this week that I'll be using flirties on. I'll report back with how I get on.
Perfect let me know how you are liking flirties, was looking into them too but don't know if I would have to get training with it as well, seems impossible as I am in New Zealand and no flirties trainers over here lol x

A lot of people on facebook have reported the same problems with LVL
I use Lashbase and never had a problem and a good price too :)

I'm so glad It's not just me I have been mega doubting myself but couldn't understand why as we all know that it's not a procedure that you can go that wrong with where your not getting a lift at all. It's so frustrating as paid a lot of money for training with lvl as wanted to go with the brand name for me to end up having to use a different system due to them changing it all ! :-( xx

Ive just had a refresher training with lvl, and also had the treatment, my results were great, one change was not to use too much glue as it can be a barrier, nouveaux sent out updated changes in an email to help to problem solve, i know it's annoying , too you and your client if its not working
youhave clients

Ive just had a refresher training with lvl, and also had the treatment, my results were great, one change was not to use too much glue as it can be a barrier, nouveaux sent out updated changes in an email to help to problem solve, i know it's annoying , too you and your client if its not working
youhave clients

OP - this is not aimed at you in a negative way. Just commenting on Nouveau's approach.

Not use as much glue? It takes as much glue as it takes! Some peoples lashes go straight up with only a tiny bit, others are tricky and need glueing over and over. Almost 3 years LVLing with no trouble and now the new packaging and formula there's a problem? It's not with me. Think LVL have messed up and are blaming the therapists when they shouldn't have messed with a system that was brilliant!

I agree it should not have been messed with, especially if it was working for everyone, i do think they should offer free retraining for everyone , it was years ago i trained , and decided to buy into the brand again, there was 12 in class all with good results, but again not right on those therapists already trained.

I have recently contacted LVL to enquire about training, as currently don't offer anything on my treatment menu, and a lot of clients request LVL. Has anyone who's done the training or using the products been in touch with them about the issues they're having. Have they given any feedback or explaination of why they have changed things and if from everyone's complaints and lack of results are they re thinking?

Iv found 'eyelovelashes' to be brilliant. Shields fit a dream, no popping back up - they seem slimmer than LVL & fit the eye contour better! & had fantastic lifts from every single lift Iv done xx

Iv found 'eyelovelashes' to be brilliant. Shields fit a dream, no popping back up - they seem slimmer than LVL & fit the eye contour better! & had fantastic lifts from every single lift Iv done xx

** 'eyeluvlashes'

I've just recently trained in lash lifts (& recently started using this forum again) I've done 4 lash lifts using lashbase & im really happy with the results. I know it's not much help but if it came to you changing brands I would highly recommend them! X

I did my training with wimperwelle and had fantastic results from my first try!

I have spoken to them a few times regarding the fact that one particular ladies lashes won't lift at all and asked if Any timings had changed or anything since packaging and they assured me that no nothing had changed.. I trained with them years ago and had been doing this ladies lashes for about 2 years with no problem and now they just won't lift .. she is gutted :-(

Latest posts

Back