LVL lashes - not lifting enough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I ask why?
I don't know what you clean yours with but mine are in a right state as I tint on them too lol

I'd imagine it'd take a while to clean them and then to sterilise for next client - what's your procedure? I might start lol

I don't know what you clean yours with but mine are in a right state as I tint on them too lol

I'd imagine it'd take a while to clean them and then to sterilise for next client - what's your procedure? I might start lol
I wash them straight away in hot soapy water then pop them in with my other tools to sanitise.

Although I used to Tint on top of the shields I now remove them before tinting because from my own experiences of having my lashes lifted, I always find I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable with the shield and gel eye pads on by the time the perming and neutralising procedures are done so it's a relief to have them removed. It also means I can Tint the lower lashes at the same time and means I can re-use my shields. (I also wash them in warm soapy water and then sanitise them).

Although I used to Tint on top of the shields I now remove them before tinting because from my own experiences of having my lashes lifted, I always find I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable with the shield and gel eye pads on by the time the perming and neutralising procedures are done so it's a relief to have them removed. It also means I can Tint the lower lashes at the same time and means I can re-use my shields. (I also wash them in warm soapy water and then sanitise them).
I tint the lower lashes too but do it before removing the shield. I just sweep them upwards

Another vote here for salon systems, Sally's own brand, I've had success on every client since I did my training in February and am now getting repeat bookings
View attachment 204783
I've just seen your post and woh your lashes look amazing. I also use this system and I find sometimes my lashes are really good and other times not so much. What timings do you do. I was taught 12 mins for both but maybe need to do longer? Xx

I've just seen your post and woh your lashes look amazing. I also use this system and I find sometimes my lashes are really good and other times not so much. What timings do you do. I was taught 12 mins for both but maybe need to do longer? Xx
Thank you so much :) it does help when someone has lots of long lashes of course ;)
I try and judge it depending on how coarse their lashes as they're often more resilient. Most ppl first time I do 13 unless their lashes are fine, then I'd do 12 xx

Thank you so much :) it does help when someone has lots of long lashes of course ;)
I try and judge it depending on how coarse their lashes as they're often more resilient. Most ppl first time I do 13 unless their lashes are fine, then I'd do 12 xx
Thank you for the reply. I'll try doing 13. Is that for both fixing and setting lotion??

And how far do you apply product I was taught from the root to half way up the lash. I get some good results then other times not and I've got anxiety so it's really upsetting me xx

Thank you for the reply. I'll try doing 13. Is that for both fixing and setting lotion??

And how far do you apply product I was taught from the root to half way up the lash. I get some good results then other times not and I've got anxiety so it's really upsetting me xx
Also what size shield do you use? I was taught with medium but I've got some small too which I tend to use xx

Yes 13 mins for each, the time must be the same for each lotion, whatever time you decide to go with. That's what I was taught too, so as not to over process. Be careful to get the shield right next to the lash line and then be super careful to just lay the lashes over it, don't pull hard to drag them further up the shield, it changes the angle they're fixed at and it's not so good. I go round and look up from their chin to check the lid isn't pulling off the eyeball at all because if it is, it's never as good.

I read something in here that said you want the lashes to come approx half way up the shield, so if you start gluing them and they're way longer than that, use a bigger shield. I get quite anxious as well, new clients make me nervous and I've been in a real panic a couple of times when lower lashes have escaped from the gel pad and I've included them with the top ones so literally knitted their eyelids together [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]omg I came out in a cold sweat, I always see if I can open their eyes to check I've not done that ever since then. x

Yes 13 mins for each, the time must be the same for each lotion, whatever time you decide to go with. That's what I was taught too, so as not to over process. Be careful to get the shield right next to the lash line and then be super careful to just lay the lashes over it, don't pull hard to drag them further up the shield, it changes the angle they're fixed at and it's not so good. I go round and look up from their chin to check the lid isn't pulling off the eyeball at all because if it is, it's never as good.

I read something in here that said you want the lashes to come approx half way up the shield, so if you start gluing them and they're way longer than that, use a bigger shield. I get quite anxious as well, new clients make me nervous and I've been in a real panic a couple of times when lower lashes have escaped from the gel pad and I've included them with the top ones so literally knitted their eyelids together [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]omg I came out in a cold sweat, I always see if I can open their eyes to check I've not done that ever since then. x
This is amazing advice thank you

I've never been told about making sure the eye lid hasn't been lifted that's great advice I'm maybe being too hard on lifting the lashes up. The thing is some of my lash lifts have been brilliant. Regarding the shield size I was told 3/4 of the way up and I used a small on a client and hers went that far up and the lift was amazing..ifs all just so confusing. I've never used large and I don't even stock them to be honest.

It's so hard to get them really close to lash line but don't feel like that's ever been my problem it's more everything else haha I'll make sure I'm q bit more careful with lifting the lashes up. Any advice where to hold when doing this . I'm quite heavy handed think that's my problem lol xx

This is amazing advice thank you

I've never been told about making sure the eye lid hasn't been lifted that's great advice I'm maybe being too hard on lifting the lashes up. The thing is some of my lash lifts have been brilliant. Regarding the shield size I was told 3/4 of the way up and I used a small on a client and hers went that far up and the lift was amazing..ifs all just so confusing. I've never used large and I don't even stock them to be honest.

It's so hard to get them really close to lash line but don't feel like that's ever been my problem it's more everything else haha I'll make sure I'm q bit more careful with lifting the lashes up. Any advice where to hold when doing this . I'm quite heavy handed think that's my problem lol xx

Yes they don't tend to tell you that and they really should. I just sussed it after messing up a few times! I agree it is confusing, and whether a client has a prominent browbone or not has a bearing as well.

I haven't got any Large either lol.

As for where to hold haha I probably do it all wrong but it gets the job done. I'd be interested what other lash techs say they do x

Yes they don't tend to tell you that and they really should. I just sussed it after messing up a few times! I agree it is confusing, and whether a client has a prominent browbone or not has a bearing as well.

I haven't got any Large either lol.

As for where to hold haha I probably do it all wrong but it gets the job done. I'd be interested what other lash techs say they do x
Thank you for all your advice honey xx

LVL have changed their timings with the new products. Not sure why they told you they haven't.
I did my training in August this year so we had the new products but they gave us the old training manual so we had to scribble the timings out and write the correct ones in!
What timings do you do for steps 2-4? I'll see if it's different to what I do.

What make of glue would you recommend. Thanks

LVL have changed their timings with the new products. Not sure why they told you they haven't.
I did my training in August this year so we had the new products but they gave us the old training manual so we had to scribble the timings out and write the correct ones in!
What timings do you do for steps 2-4? I'll see if it's different to what I do.
Hi Hun, how are you finding your lash lifts? I want to train in lash lift and lvl has amazing brand awareness but if the new formula isn't working I'd rather train elsewhere! Would you recommend? X

Hi Hun, how are you finding your lash lifts? I want to train in lash lift and lvl has amazing brand awareness but if the new formula isn't working I'd rather train elsewhere! Would you recommend? X
Mine are coming out amazing. I have a client with super straight lashes who now no longer needs to use her curlers everyday as her lashes are so lifted. You can check out some of my before and after pics on Instagram @beautybyjulialp

Latest posts

Back