LVL lashes whilst pregnant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo@salongeek

Reaction score
Can you have LVL lashes whilst pregnant? My lady is about 20 weeks, about to do patch test for her treatment tomorrow afternoon. She said she's googled it & says not to have whilst pregnant & I honestly can't remember what they said on training. X

Nouveau say you can't xx

I don't do lvl I do lash lift but I was just wondering why nouveau say no during pregnancy x

Sent from my K00F using SalonGeek mobile app

absolute no no if pregnant. If she was to have a reaction she cant have the medication needed. Also hormones can affect the results. X

Now I'm not playing devils advocate here I'm just genuinely intrigued. HD Brows are still allowed to be done when pregnant we just have to explain that if clients react they may not be able to take meds then it's their choice. I trained in lash lifts/perm as part of my nvq and was not told pregnancy was a contra-indication. Obviously you have to follow your trainers instructions but I'm interested in case I'm missing something important x

Sent from my K00F using SalonGeek mobile app

So am I right in thinking that the only reason why it's not advisable is if they have a reaction they can't have the medication?? No harm to baby? No chemicals touch the skin (minus the adhesive) x

Yeh because they can't take meds but also when pregnant hormone levels all change etc which could mean more likely to react plus might not achieve the best results. That's what I was taught anyway, and to be honest when I was pregnant there's no way I could have laid on my back and kept still long enough to have the treatment. It's also not recommended pregnant ladies lay on back for a long time anyway, can interfere with baby. X

Latest posts

Back