M.E and Bipolar disorder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmamarie

Reaction score
Hi There

I dont want to sound like Im after sympathy or anything but I am really struggling at the moment and i just wondered if anyone out there was in a similar situation. I have been diagnosed with the illness M.E and also have been suffering with bipolar disorder (manic depression) for years.I am having really awful days at the moment where every single thing is a struggle and any help or advice / coping stratagies will be very very gratefully received. I am having to miss a fair few days at work at the moment, so thats kinda giving me more to panic about!
will look forward to hearing from anyone struggling to juggle work,kids,housework,money with a long term illness. How the bloody hell is it done??

Thanx for listening everyone:sad:
Sorry to go on

Bipolar they say this is the new manic depression, it's always been here...I hope you can deal with it...take your meds and take care of you and yours xxx

I have bipolar and hormonal probs my attitude to life is always try and be positive, take your meds each day and when having a bad day always remember that a bad day doesnt last forever :hug:

Hi everyone and thankyou so much for all your advice. i will certainly look at the websites that you have recommended to me.
lellipop if its ok when i have a bit more time I will pm you as i would love to chat a bit more, although completely understand if you would rather not.

thanks again everyone! xx:)

Hi everyone and thankyou so much for all your advice. i will certainly look at the websites that you have recommended to me.
lellipop if its ok when i have a bit more time I will pm you as i would love to chat a bit more, although completely understand if you would rather not.

thanks again everyone! xx:)

I will be here babes just give me a shout :)

I also have bi-polar and have suffered it for well over 25 years - in that time I have worked/brought up (still bringinging two boys up) 5 children. It is hard and days you will find really bad and others not so - how to keep a level ??? well take any medication that you have been subscribed - if it makes you feel worse get it changed to something different.

The other thing you need to do is look at how you can change your life so that the illness nestles in a bit better and is not always are at the forefront of your mind. Accepting that you are not well will help as well and planning for when you have a really bad "episode" - simple things like cooking and freezing meals - if somebody has suffered bi polar in it's full form, then they will tell you that even the simplest of jobs seem like the end of the world is looming.

Only surround yourself with people who care and avoid any negative situations if possible.

Tackle your problems with baby steps and small goals and always have something to look forward to - it doesn't have to cost - it could be walking in the park - even if it pouring with rain - let yourself get wet through and go home and have a relaxing bath!

Most of all remember you are not going out of your mind even though it feels as though you are at times. I read somewhere that "depresssion is the curse of the strong" and I believe that is a true statement.

Some of my posts might help I will find links to them and add them for you .

Take care :hug:

I also have bi-polar and have suffered it for well over 25 years - in that time I have worked/brought up (still bringinging two boys up) 5 children. It is hard and days you will find really bad and others not so - how to keep a level ??? well take any medication that you have been subscribed - if it makes you feel worse get it changed to something different.

The other thing you need to do is look at how you can change your life so that the illness nestles in a bit better and is not always are at the forefront of your mind. Accepting that you are not well will help as well and planning for when you have a really bad "episode" - simple things like cooking and freezing meals - if somebody has suffered bi polar in it's full form, then they will tell you that even the simplest of jobs seem like the end of the world is looming.

Only surround yourself with people who care and avoid any negative situations if possible.

Tackle your problems with baby steps and small goals and always have something to look forward to - it doesn't have to cost - it could be walking in the park - even if it pouring with rain - let yourself get wet through and go home and have a relaxing bath!

Most of all remember you are not going out of your mind even though it feels as though you are at times. I read somewhere that "depresssion is the curse of the strong" and I believe that is a true statement.

Some of my posts might help I will find links to them and add them for you .

Take care :hug:

I was waiting for you on this on Debs, I can add that society as a whole is getting better when I first became ill in my teens I was ashamed of it but over the years I have hoped that people can accept that it is an illness like any other and a bloody tough one to live with but life is for living and when stable I make the most of mine :)

I was waiting for you on this on Debs, I can add that society as a whole is getting better when I first became ill in my teens I was ashamed of it but over the years I have hoped that people can accept that it is an illness like any other and a bloody tough one to live with but life is for living and when stable I make the most of mine :)
Gotta agree there Lell society is getting better at accepting depression - it is a sad thing though, that IMHO not enough effort is put into prevention and cure iykwim.

I have to say that all the peeps on this wonderful site have given me loads of support and understanding about my illness and would hope I have done so in return :green:

Anyway enough about me - it's always about me :lol: here are some of my old links which may help some people out - oh I can tell you I had some fun searching for them :wink2: right off to have some dinner catch you all later xx:hug:

njoy

http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/49058-down-dumps.html
http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/45325-importance-criticism-understanding.html
http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/44727-de-clutter-your-daft-head.html
http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/44417-bored-worry.html
http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/43360-choices-choices-who-would-have-em.html
http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/42485-talk-hand-how-very-rude.html

thanx again everyone, you have been brilliant, really cannot believe all the support. wish i had found this site years ago xx

thanx again everyone, you have been brilliant, really cannot believe all the support. wish i had found this site years ago xx

Its surprising what you can find out about on here :hug:Glad to have been of help xx

thankyou for your help lellipop, u have been fantastic xx

Latest posts

Back