M&S Humbugs in bulk?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Ok... it's the fault of one of our darling geeks.
she put a thought in my brain and I can't get it out:irked:

And I'm probably entertaining a thought that's unfeaseable... BUT I figured I'd ask...

Is it possible to buy M&S Humbugs in bulk?
Like say ummmmmmmmm a 10lb bag? or more?
I want to use them in my bonboniers at my wedding (little parting gifts for guests wrapped in tulle).

Like this:
ladiesabove2.jpg

1331.jpg.w300h183.jpg

IF they do have them in bigger bags... how much are they?

If anyone knows, please let me know.

THANKS!!
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Why not send an email to M&S and ask them? They probably only do the small bags in the shops, but if you get in touch direct then they may do something special just for you! :hug:

They aren't M&S but the guests probably wouldn't know the difference.
2.7Kg Mint Humbugs

:lol: WE call them wedding favours in the UK (omg i am sooo random at times :rolleyes:)

:cry:

Yeah, and francesXXX just enlightened me on how much shipping would be for 10lbs or more

EEKS:eek:

Ah well, it was an idea.

And no, the guests wouldn't know the difference. But I would. Thanks anyway!!!
Else, I would buy the "Stillwell's" humbugs here in Montreal (but they dont' taste the same OR have the toffee center:cry:)

It was just an idea.
Champagne tastes on a beer budget, and all that
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually, some people here call them wedding favours too.
But the ones that are the actual candies are 'bonboniers' as in 'bonbons' (french for candy) and the others like candles or vases or whatever, are 'favours'.

I figure I'll write a letter with my 'story' of my Nana, and M&S humbugs to Marks & Spencer.. maybe play on their sympathy?
LOL:lol:
Hey, worst thing they can say is 'no', right?????

There's no failure in trying, only in NOT trying.:green:

thanks for the idea!

I figure I'll write a letter with my 'story' of my Nana, and M&S humbugs to Marks & Spencer.. maybe play on their sympathy?
LOL:lol:

What's the story Victoria? You can't pique our interest and then not tell!!! LOL

Marion x

What's the story Victoria? You can't pique our interest and then not tell!!! LOL

Marion x
The story of Victorias Nana, is in her blogs Marion!

xxxxxx:hug:

If you use the search with my user name and "Nana", you'll find I have mentioned her TONNES lol

My Nana is from England.

She was a kind, and sharp witted woman with a sense of humour.
She served in WWII as a motorbike messenger

She married my grandfather during WWII and they immigrated to Montreal to raise a family.

Anyway... my childhood was VERY short on happiness. BUT my Nana was brighter than the sun in it.

One of her habits was to treat us with M&S humbugs. Also, during her illness and treatments (cancer) she sucked on humbugs for the nausea, to make it go away.

Humbugs are "home" for me. Humbugs are my Nana. Humbugs aren' the only thing she'd treat us with from M&S, but they do stick out in my memory in a big way. Chasing tears with them, making boo-boo's better, etc....

About ummmm 17yrs ago, the Montreal M&S closed and none have reopened in Quebec. Soooo no more humbugs for me, except when I'm spoiled rotten by lovely Geeks.

Whenever I get a bag, I make it last so long, it's insane :lol:

Humbugs are like hugs from my Nana.
(ok, I'm getting all weepy now, so off to think on something else LOL)

Ohhh, what a lovely story about your Nana. Thanks for sharing it with me Victoria.
Sending you some hugs :hug::hug:
Marion x

What a really lovely story Victoria.xx

Sorry Victoria, I'm going to take over your thread now.:lol:
If you havent already seen it check out my thread on how to make a girls day...

x

LOL at Bubbabinks, and thanks to everyone else:green::hug:

there's a lot more to the story, perhaps I had best write a novella in my blog about her :green:

Oh Jo, well done, look at that Victoria, your very own supplier, cool:hug:

Latest posts

Back