MAC - do they do make-up courses???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g5m_sh

Reaction score
Does anyone know, if MAC does make-up courses??

I cant find anything on the net...

I have emailed a friend of a friend who works for MAC in Manchester to see if she knows.

Just thought i would ask you guys as well.

Thanks xx

My daughter was looking into it as she loves MAC, but it worked out too expensive. However I suppose if you want the best, you've got to pay for it.

If you get any info from your pal could you pass it on to me too please.

Marion x

How much was it gonna work out??

I will let you know as soon as she contacts me back. x

Hi there

I am a professional make-up artist and know a little about MAC. They don't do make-up courses as such, they do what they call MAC pro which is where you apply as a trained make-up artist and you receive 20% discount at some stores (stand alone stores, not within department stores, mainly in London etc) and you can attend workshops run by MAC.
So if you want to train as a make-up artist you will need to first do a make-up course at a college, like I did, and then once you have done that you can join MAC as a MAC pro.

A good college to go to is The London College of Fashion. Or Jemma Kidd is quite good too.

Hi there

I am a professional make-up artist and know a little about MAC. They don't do make-up courses as such, they do what they call MAC pro which is where you apply as a trained make-up artist and you receive 20% discount at some stores (stand alone stores, not within department stores, mainly in London etc) and you can attend workshops run by MAC.
So if you want to train as a make-up artist you will need to first do a make-up course at a college, like I did, and then once you have done that you can join MAC as a MAC pro.

A good college to go to is The London College of Fashion. Or Jemma Kidd is quite good too.

Sorry to correct you but they did do courses as I had them send the course details to me. This was last year though, so unless they've stopped doing them.

Jemma Kidd's courses look great but the 6wk course is £8,500 xxx

Last edited:
Yes they run classes, I have a friend that has not long completed one. She loved it. She wanted to do th JK one but couldnt justify the price so she did the mac one.

I would get some info on both as the JK one has had some excellent reviews !!!

Yes they run classes, I have a friend that has not long completed one. She loved it. She wanted to do th JK one but couldnt justify the price so she did the mac one.

I would get some info on both as the JK one has had some excellent reviews !!!

I have just had a email off JK and they have a 3 day course for £600ish, but not sure if you need to already have some sort of make-up qualification 1st.

Did your friend already have a make up Q?? Or was she a newbie?

THANKS xxx

just basic make up from her nvq, but check to see if they have any pre reqs

any news on the mac course...

Spoke to a girl that works for them (friend of a friend) and she said they dont do them, they do seminars, if you sign up with them but you have to be already trained.

Saks do a makeup course for £500 ish. Dont know what its like tho'. x

Latest posts

Back