MAC favourites?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm soooo excited to try it now after hearing so many good things about it! �� at the moment I'm using Brow-Zings from benefit, it's okay, but I'm desperate to try Anastasia Beverley Hills Dip-Brow so will let you know! X

Not a fan of Dip Brow! It gives a very heavy, fake look. Fine if you're into that sort of thing (which a lot of girls are where I live!) but I think there are better brow product out there. I prefer the other Anastasia products.

Last edited:
Not a fan of Dip Brow! It gives a very heave, fake look. Fine if you're into that sort of thing (which a lot of girls are where I live!) but I think there are better brow product out there. I prefer the other Anastasia products.

It can yeah (i am also not a fan of the 'instagram brow') but it can look great for drawing hairstrokes. Sam from Pixiwoos did a good video recently on this.

I love the brow wiz pencils though. I'd rather use that than dip brow.

It can yeah (i am also not a fan of the 'instagram brow') but it can look great for drawing hairstrokes. Sam from Pixiwoos did a good video recently on this.

I love the brow wiz pencils though. I'd rather use that than dip brow.

Brow Wiz is fab. The powders are nice but no better than any others.

Funny you should say that I've been debating getting the correct and conceal palette for weeks, maybe I will try that out then! I know I loveeee the lipsticks too, I never used to be one for lipsticks but I just love the different shades and finishes they have in mac, Cremesheen is my favourite, especially in the colour Pure Zen! I've trialled the studio fix fluid, and love how much coverage I get, but I do find that the heaviness of the product can have a bad effect on my skin 😔 I know it's due to mac products are aimed at photographic makeup, but it's the only foundation that I know that gives that good of a coverage! I've heard double wear from Estée Lauder is meant to be quite good? Anyone tried this? Xx

I'm a bit late at the convo but I have always used double wear, it's the only one I find stays on. I can put it on at 8am and it wud still be there at 11pm, however I find in photos it makes me look so white. It's the correct colour for my face just photos seem to do this. I have just bought mac pro long wear, along with the prep and prime. But not converted yet? I'm a bit sad about it cos I want to find a mac foundation as I love other mac products. I'm not sure if I'm going wrong with my skin care pre priming? I just use simple face wash and whatever moisturiser for my skin type. I feel like mac just rubs off my face? Can anyone help? (I'm not a make up artist or beautician. I'm a hairdresser) xx

Can anyone recommend a good finishing powder? And also suggest a foundation for a fuller coverage?

I currently use MAC f&b but find the coverage is not great for bad skin and it doesn't really last all day, even with a good primer. I have been using Bare minerals foundation over the top of it but think this will be quite costly to keep using as well as a decent liquid foundation with matching skin tones for both, plus it seems to set in fine lines. I love Illamasqua skin base but that doesn't work great with dry skin. I have tried mixing it with the f&b which actually works great, does anyone else do this?

Does anyone use f&b with a good concealer for heavier coverups?

Diamond: Bare Minerals foundation won't sit well on top of a liquid foundation. Have you tried it on its own? It can be built up to give more coverage, and if you use a concealer brush you can target blemishes. Maybe try to use it this way? x

Diamond: Bare Minerals foundation won't sit well on top of a liquid foundation. Have you tried it on its own? It can be built up to give more coverage, and if you use a concealer brush you can target blemishes. Maybe try to use it this way? x

Hi, yes tried it on it's own and it doesn't seem to cover everything all day, but haven't tired using it with a concealer brush so will give it a go thanks.

Still looking for something else to use on top of liquid foundations please

Thanks!

I have this mac thing. I got it as a gift and the person who got me it removed it out of the box due to a price label. I don't know what it is but I use it as a nude lipgloss.

Can anyone recommend a good finishing powder? And also suggest a foundation for a fuller coverage?

I currently use MAC f&b but find the coverage is not great for bad skin and it doesn't really last all day, even with a good primer. I have been using Bare minerals foundation over the top of it but think this will be quite costly to keep using as well as a decent liquid foundation with matching skin tones for both, plus it seems to set in fine lines. I love Illamasqua skin base but that doesn't work great with dry skin. I have tried mixing it with the f&b which actually works great, does anyone else do this?

Does anyone use f&b with a good concealer for heavier coverups?

I actually find that Face and Body lasts really well with it being waterproof. It's not intended to be full coverage, if you're wanting a heavy coverage then I'd suggest a different foundation, rather than layering other things over the top as that takes away the beautiful dewy and light finish of Face and Body.

I actually find that Face and Body lasts really well with it being waterproof. It's not intended to be full coverage, if you're wanting a heavy coverage then I'd suggest a different foundation, rather than layering other things over the top as that takes away the beautiful dewy and light finish of Face and Body.

I did say can someone suggest a foundation for more of a full coverage. I like illamasqua but it doesn't suit dry skin x

I did say can someone suggest a foundation for more of a full coverage. I like illamasqua but it doesn't suit dry skin x
I love skin base and I have dry skin. Hydra Veil is the key for dry skin! :)

I love skin base and I have dry skin. Hydra Veil is the key for dry skin! :)

I agree, I have really dry skin. But using hydra veil under it works perfect for me :) x

Latest posts

Back