mac pigment in gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niksaki

Reaction score
Just wondering has anyone ever tried to add say MAC pigments to gel? i was thinking about this lastnight and have quite a collection of them now, but was wondering have you ever done it? they are highly pigmented,superfine powders..?
any comments or opinions?
Nic

Id say go for it! Try it out and then post what it looked like. Make sure your brush is coated thoruoghly with gel first so as none of the powders stay in the brush!

I love the MAC powders fab colours!!

I did it years ago with nail varnish, and it was a fab result so why not!! xx

I've mixed mica pigment powders you get from the craft store in my gel and acrylic and got excellent results. A little goes a long way:!:

Hi

I've ordered some trade mineral makeup and they claim you can use it on your eyes, cheeks, lips and nails, so that must mean you can add it to polish or gels. I shall try it out when it comes.

Deb379

Hey there, thankyou everyone i think i will do it! now just too choose which colour!
:lol:

Make sure you let us know how you got on :hug:

Make sure you let us know how you got on :hug:

I surely will! :):)
I am thinking dark soul (which is a gorgeous sparkly black) my fave mac piggie :)

Just wondering has anyone ever tried to add say MAC pigments to gel? i was thinking about this lastnight and have quite a collection of them now, but was wondering have you ever done it? they are highly pigmented,superfine powders..?
any comments or opinions?
Nic

I've mixed mica pigment powders you get from the craft store in my gel and acrylic and got excellent results. A little goes a long way:!:

I surely will! :):)
I am thinking dark soul (which is a gorgeous sparkly black) my fave mac piggie :)

I have mixed both my mac pigments and craft pigment (i think it was stuff you can used for stamps or things i got it in a craft shop too) into my gel it!and got some good results altho the i think i did 'od' on one and as it was quite a dark pigment it just didnt cure at all....lol

have fun and do post some piccys :)

Jess
xox

Hi Nik,

I'll be giving this a try with the Krush Mineral Makeup from Vani-t.
A few practice tips to see how it looks, then if all's ok I'll find a willing
model.

XX J XX

Can this be done with acrylic too? how much would you add?

Sounds interesting.... are these the MAC pigments that are sold as make up? (we have them for sale here but whats really in it?) if they are souly pigment powders with no added bits (like what eyeshaddow is made of) then I am very interested indeed... *Rubs chin - wondering if they could be added to clear powder to created a coloured - hmmm*

shimmer powders
I have used these powders (www.folica.com/colorevolution) with great success for 4 years in both acrylic and gel nails---a little goes a very long way. Young Nails Toll free: (800) 777-9170 has a great tutorial about mixing glitters etc in acrylic on their web site to ensure a perfect ratio for good adhesion to the nail plate.The smallest smidgeon goes a really long way in the gels-I mean like a pinch of salt small!!!-I use it mostly for french gels to add shimmer to the pink-looks like a polish when done and I always do the shimmer coat after the base -one coat and then 2 coats of clear over it so I don't file the color gel off when final shaping.With the gels it can also make the gel look mat because of the texture-another reason for the 2 coats of clear gel. Than I use Young Nails "finish" on top for an extreme shine and durable finish!!:!:

Latest posts

Back