Madam Glam

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soniamgibbs

Reaction score
Is Madam Glam one of the white bottle brands containing HEMA that can cause allergies?

The Madam Glam website states that they stopped using HEMA in 2019 Say Bye-Bye, HEMA!

But this is interesting

I've tried finding the SDS/MSDS and it seems that they are concealing it. The thread was updated 11 days ago to say that the MSDS has STILL not been added to their site 2 years later

The Madam Glam website states that they stopped using HEMA in 2019 Say Bye-Bye, HEMA!

But this is interesting

I've tried finding the SDS/MSDS and it seems that they are concealing it. The thread was updated 11 days ago to say that the MSDS has STILL not been added to their site 2 years later

Thanks so much for replying. This is really interesting. I also requested a copy of their SDS over a week ago and have got zero response from them. I noticed that the professional brands have theirs listed freely in their websites but the SDS/MSDS for the cheaper brands selling on Amazon are nowhere to be found. I actually contacted multiple brands listed on Amazon; madam glam, Saviland, Modelones, beetles, but the only one that responded was Modelones. I see so many professional nail techs mentioning that they use madam glam in particular but have so far been unable to obtain a copy of their SDS/MSDS.

If only there was one place we could all obtain them. We should totally start a thread and post all the SDS/MSDS we each have on all the brands. Maybe someone has managed to obtain copies. Although, after Jim McConnels investigations in to the contents of the white bottle brands he found that the contexts of some didn’t match the SDS sheets, so it would be super useful if they were all tested so we know which we can and can’t trust

If only there was one place we could all obtain them. We should totally start a thread and post all the SDS/MSDS we each have on all the brands. Maybe someone has managed to obtain copies. Although, after Jim McConnels investigations in to the contents of the white bottle brands he found that the contexts of some didn’t match the SDS sheets, so it would be super useful if they were all tested so we know which we can and can’t trust

You've hit the nail on the head regarding a problem with a centralised list, unscrupulous sellers lie, so even if you have a SDS there's no guarantee it's real.

Over the years I've seen loads of MSDS and the official 'stamp' at the bottom has been a cut and paste job of some Chinese lab, mostly indistinguishable as the thing has pixilated and in Madarin so not exactly traceable. I've seen the same document on a few different brand sites, this implies to me they are just repackaging the same generic product or the document isn't reliable.

It's generally accepted that if the product is readily available on eBay, Amazon, etc it's not a 'pro only' brand and probably wise to avoid.

If you have a read through some of the posts by @BobSweden he's given us lots of insight in to producing and bringing products to market in Europe and why some use cheap inferior products.

It is relatively easy for product chemists to look at SDS/MSDS from China and realise that the combination of ingredients in many cases simply won't create a working product, or that a specific effect is not possible as the ingredient is missing - usually because its use would be illegal in the EU where "colourants" are strictly controlled - if not on the list, you cannot use.

BTW, MSDS became obsolete in 2013 in EU and were replaced by SDS. However, many Chinese factories continue to issue MSDS which do not contain the same information in the same depth.

I asked madam glam via email a couple months ago if they were HEMA free. They said they were not but implied because they were all vegan I’d be good to go. Yeah, no—I am allergic. However, I’ve found that polygels are not bothering me, for whatever reason. I just have to be careful about uncured product getting on my skin. Beetles lists HEMA on their labels. For the most part, MG gives everyone the run around. Pffft

Latest posts

Back