Made 2 errors on a client last night :( - Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*aan*

Reaction score
I had a Shellac client last night and am very ashamed to say i made not 1 but 2 errors.

She wanted masquerade and zillionaire shellac with her 2 index fingers the new peek-a-boo rockstar that i saw on cnd's facebook yesterday.

So because i was doing 1 nail on each hand slightly different i messed up and firstly i top coated when i forgot she wanted zillionaire over the top of masquerade.

So i did another layer of zillionare then top coat again. Which i was devastated about as ive been having peeling issues and now its going to make it even thicker.

Then at the end the peek-a-boo index finger started wiping off when i took off the stickly layer... i had forgotten to top coat it i was so humiliated and tried to fix it. I would of liked to have done it again but she was tired and in a rush to get home to eat.

I'll be truthful and say i went straight upstairs and cried when she had left.

I had already said i wanted a picture so i took one as i said and im so sad as you can clearly see the one nail is messed up :( Ive attatched a picture.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. My mum and Husband dont really understand why im so upset.

Attachments

• sue.jpg
    sue.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 705
Hey they are not that bad - actually they look really good to me! Remember you are going to be very conscious of what you have done but others are not going to know. Maybe telephone the lady and say you will redo them for free in a few days as you feel they are not your best work, or say if you have any problems come back and will redo for free or repair.

I can quite understand making mistakes when it is a bit out of the ordinary. I have to keep to a plan - start from my right finish at the left - otherwise I wouldnt remember where I am. Now if some fingers are different that really throws things - so dont be hard on yourself.

I dream of doing such neat nails as you have done - you are a fab at it.

xx

Funny that you should post this, last night a girl in my building, who I know quite well now, wanted Masquerade with Zillionaire on top. After I had put the Zillionaire layer on and cured I picked up my bottle of D-Sperse and went to wipe - luckily I realised what I was doing and put the top coat on as usual. i think I was distracted by chatting so much and her flatmate had just walked in and started talking too, so in my head had done all of the layers!

Don't worry about it, we all have off days. I'm sure that she is happy with the result. See it as a lesson learned, don't get yourself upset about it :hug:

Look at it this way :hug: you will never do it again!!

You've done a beautiful paint job there and next time you'll do it all perfectly.

Come on .. you think we haven't all messed something up at some time or other?

Save your tears for the more important things to cry about in this world .. its a bit of nail art!

I had a Shellac client last night and am very ashamed to say i made not 1 but 2 errors.

She wanted masquerade and zillionaire shellac with her 2 index fingers the new peek-a-boo rockstar that i saw on cnd's facebook yesterday.

So because i was doing 1 nail on each hand slightly different i messed up and firstly i top coated when i forgot she wanted zillionaire over the top of masquerade.

So i did another layer of zillionare then top coat again. Which i was devastated about as ive been having peeling issues and now its going to make it even thicker.

Then at the end the peek-a-boo index finger started wiping off when i took off the stickly layer... i had forgotten to top coat it i was so humiliated and tried to fix it. I would of liked to have done it again but she was tired and in a rush to get home to eat.

I'll be truthful and say i went straight upstairs and cried when she had left.

I had already said i wanted a picture so i took one as i said and im so sad as you can clearly see the one nail is messed up :( Ive attatched a picture.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. My mum and Husband dont really understand why im so upset.

I can understand why ur upset and i would probably be the same. I dont do shellac but u can see the one index doesnt look right i agree with u. Was she happy when she left and understood how u felt??

Maybe if u feel like u want to correct it u can give her a call and re-do the one that has messed up?just a thought. Sorry i cant help more :)

we've all done it and then beaten ourselves up over it for a day or 2, but sure you know you'll never make that mistake again... chin up it's nearly Christmas....:Love:

I agree with geeg. They look beautiful, and everytime we do something 'wrong', we learn. HTH! :hug:

Thank you so much for all he replys. You've boosted my confidence no end.

My mum actually works with the client in question. So i will ask her tonight what was said and decide my next move.

I may just let sleeping dogs lie. As its for their works do which is Saturday early morning they all leave for a hotel and i physically cant fit her in as im fully booked and she works full time.

She seemed very happy when she left.

I think i may have been a little hard on myself. Im sure tiredness plays a factor as i mainly work evenings and my littlest one still wakes up in the night then gets up at 5am. eek!

Thanks again, if im ever feeling down about nails again. I think i will come back and read this to boost my confidence back up.

I have another shellac client tonight, also from my Mums work so hopefully all will be restored if it goes well tonight.

I also agree with Geeg, your polish application is beautiful. Im sure the client will be fine :)

I forgot to ask; what is peek-a-boo rockstar? I'm intrigued!

I think they look lovely. x

They are fab! And your painting looks so neat.Xx :)

I forgot to ask; what is peek-a-boo rockstar? I'm intrigued!

Shellac Twinlke Toes - YouTube

I saw it on this video its what Jan called them. Its glitter with shellac on top then carve a design to see the glitter poking through -"peek a boo"They really do look awesome!

Thank you everyone im having an extremely bad 24 hours very unlike me? So your making me feel much better. :Grope:

Wow just watched the video love love love the peacock. So trying this one

I'm a newbie and read your post before looking at the pic, wot a surprise !!! The paint work is so neat, I always try to be so perfect and feel it sticks out miles when it's not but seriously don't be so hard on yourself, why do we beat ourselves up sooo much, ps loving the peek a boo can't wait to try it!xx

Please please stop beating yourself up! OK you know you made some technical mistakes, but if my polish finish was as good as yours I would be doing cartwheels across the floor!

Those nails look really nice, and professional.

Thiese look lovely :) and I love the peekaboo ! And as others have said mistakes make you grow ! <3

From your pic you did an awesome job. Nothing looked that obvious. Loved the color! We all make mistakes. Just learn from them and go on!!

Latest posts

Back