Made a true friend through Salongeek!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurenSparkles

Reaction score
Iv been a member on salongeek for years. Sometimes it can be difficult as you never know who will see your posts or questions (such as competition) however a year or so ago I had a message on fb from a girl saying she knew me off salon geek. She only lives a couple of miles away. We have since spoken over Facebook and I would consider her a really lovely friend! If it wasn't for SG I'd have never had the pleasure of meeting her!

Yesterday I met her in person for the first time and I was so happy to meet her I felt like I'd known her forever.

So thank you SG for helping me find a fab friend!! The gorgeous JemmaB

Xx

Awww that's lovely! I need to have some friends in the industry. I find those I trained with are bitchy or way too young! I struggle to make female friends as it is, don't have a best friend really.. Other than my partner but would love one who is in the industry to talk to bout stuff! This is a lovely post :D

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

I've made quite a few friends from salon geek, courses I've done at the Creative academy london and Facebook (which I only joined a couple of months ago)

I now have a few people I talk to and meet up with, it's really made me feel part of this industry entirely!

The London geeks and nail techs all seem to know each other either from salon geek or from various training- which is kind of nice it gives it a community feel! It's lovely when your working alone to feel part of something and to get inspiration and support from people, that's why I love and admire this unique industry and the people in it!

Aw that's lovely, what a fantastic thread :)

I've made some fantastic friends through SG ones that I have and haven't met. They are a great support not only work wise but with every day life too. Around this time last year, I flew to Belfast to met a geek for the first time and off we trotted to see The Script in concert. I also met up with another geek whilst I holidayed where she lived and we did have a giggle!

I speak every day to a couple of groups of geeks on FB and there are times they keep me going with just their words. I'm very lucky to have such lovely people in my life- even if they are wildly inappropriate at times ;) I also have geeks who check in once in a while and I love sharing our recent news and gossip.

It's lovely to read that you have met a fellow geek, there are some real good'uns on here aren't there.

This thread has really made me smile :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I met one of my bestest friends (Suey) through salon geek back in 2003 :) we remain firm friends and see each other once a fortnight :)

I've made friends with several people on facebook who I vaguely knew through salongeek. I'm in several groups now on fb but there's 1 in particular with a great bunch of people in - we're all as mad as each other at times but it's me who seems to be the source of the madness atm lol

I've met so many amazing folks here on SG and I've made so many wonderful friends. Y'all know who you are!

One very, very special friend near and dear to my heart happens to be the very first person I "met" on SG. I actually get to spend time with the grand dame (and the dishey, Simon) when she comes to Florida.

I always look forward to those visits and I cherish her friendship!:Love:

I've made some fantastic friends through SG ones that I have and haven't met. They are a great support not only work wise but with every day life too. Around this time last year, I flew to Belfast to met a geek for the first time and off we trotted to see The Script in concert. I also met up with another geek whilst I holidayed where she lived and we did have a giggle!

I speak every day to a couple of groups of geeks on FB and there are times they keep me going with just their words. I'm very lucky to have such lovely people in my life- even if they are wildly inappropriate at times ;) I also have geeks who check in once in a while and I love sharing our recent news and gossip.

It's lovely to read that you have met a fellow geek, there are some real good'uns on here aren't there.

Moi? Inappropriate? :twisted: I think you'll find that you had all the best names for the rename the Shellac colours game. :Scared:

I have met some truly lovely, lovely people here. It warms the soul. Amen.

Where else can you meet people with a common interest, but with huge diversity of backgrounds, cultures and viewpoints?

There are some deeply intuitive and caring Geeks on here. I feel that I have made real friends whom I would never have "met" otherwise. Thank-you, lovely people xx

Wish I hadve known you were in Belfast or I would've come meet up too!!

That's a great story :) I have mentioned salon geek to my friends in the past (none are in our industry) but they have all commented on how nice it must be to have an online community with people in my industry. I must say I agree, I love having a look on salon geek in an evening & helping someone out if I can or posting a question myself. Just wanted to show my appreciation to fellow geeks :) many thanks guys x

What a lovely positive thread, I also feel like I have friends on here although not met up still feel they are friends.
I don't meet many people so nice I can come on here and have a chat or help with a problem!
Geeks are great 💗💗💗

Ah I love SG for this very reason..there are some really lovely people on here...some of whom I am very friendly with and would one day love to meet them in person.

A couple more of whom I have actually met .....at the Event last year ...all lovely , a few mad lunatics ...great craic and up for anything ...remember Riverdance at 3 am girls? Lol.

:Love::Love:

I met the lovely Weezie through Salon Geek and she is such a lovely person :)

Ahhh ive only just logged on to see this hehe :)
Thank god for SalonGeek! Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I've met lots of lovely ladies through SG and class some as friends (haha they might not me though lol) 😊 I feel very lucky with the bunch I've met :) we all meet up often and it's nice to get together with like minded people who you can also have every day chit chat and banter with too.

I chat to some all day, every day. Literally! Sometimes about work, sometimes life, sometimes moaning, sometimes having a joke, just about anything really. My poor fella must feel like I'm cheating on him sometimes hahaha!

I love my geeks 😚 all my family friends know it too xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I feel left out! I wish I could meet a few of you lovely geeks but I'm on the other side of the pond :( it would be great to meet like minded people :)

I've met the lovely Faylizzie when I was living near Bristol and didn't know anyone there, was really nice to meet up again yesterday at the show! I've now moved to Borehamwood, Hertfordshire so would love to meet a geek or too round here. Xx

I'm looking forward to meeting 2 geeks next week. It will be so good to finally put faces to names!

Vicki x

Really nice thread!:) I too wish I could meet some like minded friends, had posted a situation of mine and had left my job (not in the beauty industry) as I just felt I had nothing in common with my co workers plus other reasons. Would love to meet up or visit salons of fellow therapists/ make up experts. Am also keen in getting a portfolio together but the few friends I have not interested in being my canvas! If there are any geeks getting together for a coffee near me (Thanet) give me a shout girls. Happy times to you all :hug:

Latest posts

Back