Made my client bleed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkknailss

www.luxetanning.co.uk #Princess
Reaction score
Awful terrible couldn't stop saying sorry!

She came in because one of her nails had fallen off. As I was filing the sides I must have had some of the file on her skin as she pulled her hand away and went 'that hurts im bleeding' (quiet a lot of blood)
I have come to the conclusion that as it was a new file out of the packer it was 'sharp' but because it bleeding i couldn't carry on filing it into a nice shape and quite frankly it looks terrible. I told her (if she decides to come back) i'll give her a free refil next time.

I have also done this before around the cuticle area (teeny bit of blood but blood one the less), so now im confused as how to file around the cuticle without causing the client pain?

Thanks everyone :)

I always score my new files across an old file, it takes the sharp edge off. Hope that helps.
Rhiannon x x

I always place my own finger over the sidewall & cuticle when infilling to protect the client

We've all done it at least once. :hug: Embarrassing I know. Your offer is a nice one. These things happen and being gentle in the areas near the nail folds and yes adding some protection with you own thumb and technique.

As Gigi said, we've all had the odd accident. Whenever I break out a new file, I always dull the edges a bit with an old file or a buffer before using it on a client.

As Gigi said, we've all had the odd accident. Whenever I break out a new file, I always dull the edges a bit with an old file or a buffer before using it on a client.

yes, very important.

don't feel bad, you've apologized. my mom's former nail tech took a huge chunk of her skin out from underneath her nail with her electric file. it was REALLY bad. i was so mad. i wasnt doing them because i was so busy with my other work. now i only do them.

yip ! weve all done it at some point, omg, there is a product you can get which you just quickly dab on and it stops the bleeding, it might be handy to have there, but once you get it you'll probably never need it

Yep me to, I've done it to myself and to a client, now I always rub around the edges of the new file on an old file.
If it happens again (hopefully not) press down firmly on the cut for a few seconds while you reach for a lint free pad and then put that in place. Unless its on the thumb it should stop bleeding with in a few seconds. I've been told that if you rub a bit of solar oil on once it's stopped bleeding it helps xx

You poor thing ((hug)) As everyone has said, it happens.. Now you know to dull the edges of you file and use your own thumb as a guide.. but another very important factor is.. STAY PROFESSIONAL AND IN CONTROL.. apologise, control the bleeding, place some gauze and disinfectant on it and apply pressure.. spray your file and/or instruments and try to reassure her that it very rarely happens.

I learnt that from here along time ago when i had the same thing happen, I honestly felt a fool.. i was shaky and apologising over and over, i nearly wanted to give up.. (It was at a time when everything that could go wrong usually did)

I prepared myself for the next time.. and yep it happened again.. even though i was dying inside I remained focused and finished the treatment.. that client is still with me today, the other one.. never came back.. (and i cant say i blamed her.. i was more upset then she was lol)

take it as a big pebble on your path to becoming a great tech... and remember to throw the old file away ((hug))

Latest posts

Back