Madonna's comeback single?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BotoxBoy

Reaction score
Soooo,

As you may know I'm a huge Madonna fan and have been to loads of her shows and performances across the world...

But what do we think of her new single "Give me all your luvin"?

I wasn't sure at first but it's growing on me!

Has the Queen of pop reclaimed the crown from Princess Gaga?!

LUV or hate?!?!

Soooo,

As you may know I'm a huge Madonna fan and have been to loads of her shows and performances across the world...

LUV or hate?!?!

God, where have I been? Didn't even know this was released!

I love Madonna but I really believe she should retire.

She's 11 days younger than my mum and if my mum dressed like Madge I'd get her sectioned!

Gaga all the way for me now...

But I want to grab her and feed her til her body returns to how it was on the Poker Face video.

She does look awfully thin now.

H x

I've not heard Madonnas single. I've always been a fan although never been lucky enough to see her in concert. I have to say my feeling were also that she should retire but I saw her in Graham Norton the other week and she looked amazing and was very funny and interesting.
I do love Lady Gaga though, would live to see her in concert and maybe it is time for Madonna to step back and leave it to Lady Gaga??? :)

Madonna step back! i'd say that woman would rather die than back away from a challenge. love her or hate her you definatley have to admire her. and in all fairness she looks great . wish i had her body but that would involve hard work and no cake so feck it.

I love madonna, has she ever had a bad song? xx

I think 'I love new York' was probably her worst, sounded a bit like Lourdes had written it!

I think Madonna will be remembered as an outstanding icon of her time in the future.
She has always been innovative, strong and focused.
Like all true icons she's attracted devotion and criticism.

Adam, as you know I value your opinion........has she gone a little too far on fillers? I loved her slavic cheekbones and now they seem too cushioned out.
However, I guess that with her spare frame that sort of bone structure can look ageing at a certain age. What do you think?

Why should Madonna retire or throw in the towel?

The Rolling Stones are still filling stadiums and going strong and they are the wrong side of 60 and I would still go and see them. I love Lady Gaga, but again that is because underneath all of that image and theatrics she has a great voice and is very talented.

Age and appearance should not be the main issues...it should surely be about the music!
I haven't heard her new single but will give it a fair go on what I hear not on how Madge looks for her age :rolleyes:

Fair comment, Izzidoll. I think a whole new thread could be opened on how men are "allowed" to age, whereas the pressure, particularly as a celeb, is on a woman to stay young-looking. (I do think that Madonna is bowing to that pressure now, hence my doubts about her fillers. I think I would like a slightly less preserved look, but I'm not against intervention.)

Back to the music......It's interesting how some singers maintain their voices, presumably through training , while others lose their edge. I was lucky to go to see Tina Turner on her farewell tour. She was totally at the top of her game. Others, like Tony Bennett go on beyond.....usually I find it a bit sad, but actually TB is, for me, an exception to that. I like his lived-in voice.

And then there's Bob Dylan...saw him in October and his voice had improved. But it had to really, didn't it? :lol:

Last edited:
Cheers for that Dandelionpoppy!

Have heard it now....sorry but it's Lady Gaga for me all the way !!

This was just too poppy for me, and not what I expect from Madonna, in truth I am a bit disapointed.

I haven't heard the single yet but I don't think she should retire. If you are healthy enough and still enjoying yourself performing (and not making a complete tit of yourself lol) why give up?

Some people are born to perform and would get very depressed if they were to give up.

In regards to the pillow face I think it is just a change from that chiselled look if she eased up on the exercise she may not have needed them but then she wouldn't have such a good body just proves you can't have everything.

she was rocking last night. great reviews

Her Super-Bowl performance was good, though lip sync'd. I'm growing weary of lip syncing performers....I don't care who they are.

As far as her appearance, I was hoping Madonna of all people would have the courage to grow old in her own skin. I was so disappointed to see she had taken the plastic, Hollywood, barbie-doll route.

She was annihilated on twitter for her performance, lots of criticism for not singing live. I like the single and will probably get the album but I do think it's a bit strange sometimes when you see what she's wearing and you remember her age.
I bet its an Interesting dynamic between mum and teenage daughter on what's appropriate to go out in.....

Her Super-Bowl performance was good, though lip sync'd. I'm growing weary of lip syncing performers....I don't care who they are.

As far as her appearance, I was hoping Madonna of all people would have the courage to grow old in her own skin. I was so disappointed to see she had taken the plastic, Hollywood, barbie-doll route.

Agreed!

Heard the single today and it's catchy but by no means vintage Madonna. I think her best comeback was Frozen but everyone prefers the later Ali G stuff.

H x

I think Madonna will be remembered as an outstanding icon of her time in the future.
She has always been innovative, strong and focused.
Like all true icons she's attracted devotion and criticism.

Adam, as you know I value your opinion........has she gone a little too far on fillers? I loved her slavic cheekbones and now they seem too cushioned out.
However, I guess that with her spare frame that sort of bone structure can look ageing at a certain age. What do you think?

I think she's had a bit too much cheek filler! But she looks good for her age!

Oh by the way I am EXTREMELY EXCITED as I managed to get GOLDEN CIRCLE tickets for her show in Edinburgh in July!!!!

My task is to try and get on stage like I did with Kylie last year!!!! We're gonna start making the outfits now!!!

Ps they weren't allowed to sing live at the Super Bowl apparently!

Soooo,

LUV or hate?!?!

In my opinun she never lost it.:D Lady Gaga is brilliant I admit, but it would take some doing to beat the ever changing and fabulous Madonna.

270856.jpg

andie-mcdowell-lifetime.jpg

angela-bassett-01.jpg

Look at these women. All of them beautiful. All of them over 50.

And all of them having the courage to age in their own skin.

Madonna is a coward!

Latest posts

Back