Magis gel foil nail wraps - too big for dispenser!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
Just received a new box of Magis gel foil wraps and a dispenser from S2. But the foils are too wide to fit properly in the dispenser!!

anyone else had this problem? i already have an almost empty box of the wraps (not from S2), they fit perfectly? the ones from S2 are about half an inch too wide?

The ones from S2 have fluffy pads on the foils whereas my almost empty box of wraps have smooth pads. The Magis box from S2 is almost twice the size also??

Before anyone asks if i have ordered l&p pads by mistake, they are both the same gel wraps (barcode on both boxes are identical)

are S2 getting rid of their old stock?
i'm not impressed that i'm going to have to trim 500 foil wraps so that they can fit in the dispenser :(

Last edited:
Hiya,

Have you tried phoning S2 and asking them? I'm sure they'd be able to help.

Hope you get it sorted or can get someone else to trim the wraps for you - that's when my daughter comes in handy! :)

UPDATE: Just spoke to Magis themselves. The ones I received from S2 today are the NEWER version. Just tried them on my Rockstars and they're MILES better as the fluffier pad holds more acetone. Magis are aware that they're too big for the dispenser if laid flat, but said will fit if you stand the wraps up.

Yes my last order wouldn't fit either. I think they have changed the size of them which is rather annoying when you have already paid for the dispenser.
I don't know if the wraps are going to stay this size or not but if they do then hopefully they will make the dispensers bigger. Not much use to those of us that have bought the old ones though.

Yes my last order wouldn't fit either. I think they have changed the size of them which is rather annoying when you have already paid for the dispenser.
I don't know if the wraps are going to stay this size or not but if they do then hopefully they will make the dispensers bigger. Not much use to those of us that have bought the old ones though.

I know, but I've decided will use the old wraps for shellac polish as they're adequate until I've ran out of them and use the new wraps for rockstars and Swarovski toes.

Magis said they've made them slightly bigger as they were getting feedback from nail techs that they weren't big enough ( I struggle with large thumbs and big toes with the older ones)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back