Magma discontinuing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Hi My hairdresser/friend has just told me that Wella are discontinuing the Magma range, has anyone else heard this ?
Im hoping that she perhaps meant the stockist/wholesaler is discontinuing it.

Hi My hairdresser/friend has just told me that Wella are discontinuing the Magma range, has anyone else heard this ?
Im hoping that she perhaps meant the stockist/wholesaler is discontinuing it.

Hi nope not heard anything as yet , I thought it was a touch on the expensive side , although it is a good product ,

I shall be keeping my ears open though :hug:

Hi nope not heard anything as yet , I thought it was a touch on the expensive side , although it is a good product ,

I shall be keeping my ears open though :hug:

yes I agree its a bit expensive, but it does a great job on the darkest hair... mine for example!! So I was a bit shocked and I hope its not going to be discontinued as i have started using it also on a few of my clients.

yes I agree its a bit expensive, but it does a great job on the darkest hair... mine for example!! So I was a bit shocked and I hope its not going to be discontinued as i have started using it also on a few of my clients.

Aww that really sucks especially when your clients like it ,
just a couple of questions to pick your brains if you don't mind , :hug:

Magma is for off the scalp colouring eg slices highlights ect ?

I was just wondering as you are not supposed to overlap with magma especially the high lift
how do you counteract the tonal fade of the magma ?

eg ; once it fades and the roots grow out and the client returns for just the roots again with magma,
wouldn't there be the problem of solving the magma tonal difference ?

That was the only thing that put me off using it a bit
It was Ideal for a head of virgin hair

Also do they make specialty magma toners just to put back the tone again for the mid lengths and ends of the hair ?
or do you just have to tone it with your own method ?

thanks Paulette :hug: x

Aww that really sucks especially when your clients like it ,
just a couple of questions to pick your brains if you don't mind , :hug:

Magma is for off the scalp colouring eg slices highlights ect ?

I was just wondering as you are not supposed to overlap with magma especially the high lift
how do you counteract the tonal fade of the magma ?

eg ; once it fades and the roots grow out and the client returns for just the roots again with magma,
wouldn't there be the problem of solving the magma tonal difference ?

That was the only thing that put me off using it a bit
It was Ideal for a head of virgin hair

Also do they make specialty magma toners just to put back the tone again for the mid lengths and ends of the hair ?
or do you just have to tone it with your own method ?

thanks Paulette :hug: x

Well I can say on my hair it doesnt fade that much to be honest but you can on the next time of highlighting just "refresh" the ends with the magma...says so in the guides?! only for about 5 mins though.
But I would, if it was a really bad fade use a colourfresh toner but to be fair i havent ever needed it. Once Magma had developed you use the colourlock type of conditioner that comes with it.
I get my hair (roots) done every 6 weeks and havent really noticed much fade.
If I remember actually Wella do a range called relights and I think they are the toners to use as it just sticks to the hilighted hair only and they do suggest which shades to use if a certain magma colour has been used previously.

I wondered had you had any fade problems with it ?

Well I can say on my hair it doesnt fade that much to be honest but you can on the next time of highlighting just "refresh" the ends with the magma...says so in the guides?! only for about 5 mins though.
But I would, if it was a really bad fade use a colourfresh toner but to be fair i havent ever needed it. Once Magma had developed you use the colourlock type of conditioner that comes with it.
I get my hair (roots) done every 6 weeks and havent really noticed much fade.
If I remember actually Wella do a range called relights and I think they are the toners to use as it just sticks to the hilighted hair only and they do suggest which shades to use if a certain magma colour has been used previously.

I wondered had you had any fade problems with it ?

Hi paulette thank you for the answer :hug: x

I was just wondering about tonal fade
as there was a question on here some time ago about the red fading with magma,:hug: x

thanks again, from minky x

magma is wicked stuff,i doubt thay would discontinue it,it costs a bit but lasts a while,gud stuff if youve dyed ya hair dark and want sum blonde put back in .

Latest posts

Back