Magnetic strip giftcards?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzi

Reaction score
I know many of you have card terminals for payments, etc but does anyone use the plastic cards with the magnetised strip that you get in, for example, boots/ for itunes/etc for giftcards?

I know it's quite a bit more expensive than a traditional paper-based gift voucher but I think that being reloadable may encourage spending - e.g. an extra £5/10 or so on the card at each appointment isn't really missed and would mean that they could have a little december blow out/january pick up without it actually costing them anything in 'real' money, if you know what I mean? - it would also mean that my card is in their purse for longer and it is different to each salon here - none of them even have card readers (which is in itself a spending-encourager).

I would keep paper vouchers for christmas promos, etc.

Yay? Nay? Am I being silly? Could it work?

do you have a salon software system. This is the first step?

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

do you have a salon software system. This is the first step?
I know mostly what's involved. I've been reading up, checking prices, print finishes, etc.

But I was just wondering if anyone else used them and found them useful.... or whether it was preferable to stay paper based for vouchers :)

depends on how many vouchers you sell, your image, and if you want the system to do anything else such as a allow clients to ads funds and save?

also, I only know about salon software based systems, and there alot of money just for vouchers.

if its pure voucher management you need you could look at buding your own software if you know anyone that is familiar with ms access or similar? I built a similar system years and years ago for my own use, and wasnt to difficult.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back