Magpie Beauty Gel vs The Gel Bottle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady Martin

Reaction score
hi all,

I’m looking to invest in some new colours and want to try a different brand. I am leaning towards either the Gel Bottle or Magpie Beauty gels.

Can I get peoples views on these 2 brands

Hi there, I bought in to Magpie but was really disappointed. The packaging looks tatty very quickly and I personally found the product did not last as promised even after speaking with a trainer there I had no success. I’ve seen lots of others who don’t get on with them and a few who love them.
The Gelbottle isn’t without fault but all my clients want it as it lasts really well on most people a down side of this is peoples expectations I had someone say recently oh my gels were rubbish they started going after 2 weeks! I don’t know since when nails lasting two weeks is rubbish but hey ho!! People tend to get between 2-4 weeks.
It does take some time to adapt I was a shellac user and miss the lovely thin application and easy removal although I have my gel bottle removal worked out now and takes about 10mins.
You can also join the Facebook groups to get a feel for what people are saying, I was disappointed with the magpie ones in the early days as they deleted negative comments however that may have changed now!
Hope that helps
[emoji2]

Hi there, I bought in to Magpie but was really disappointed. The packaging looks tatty very quickly and I personally found the product did not last as promised even after speaking with a trainer there I had no success. I’ve seen lots of others who don’t get on with them and a few who love them.
The Gelbottle isn’t without fault but all my clients want it as it lasts really well on most people a down side of this is peoples expectations I had someone say recently oh my gels were rubbish they started going after 2 weeks! I don’t know since when nails lasting two weeks is rubbish but hey ho!! People tend to get between 2-4 weeks.
It does take some time to adapt I was a shellac user and miss the lovely thin application and easy removal although I have my gel bottle removal worked out now and takes about 10mins.
You can also join the Facebook groups to get a feel for what people are saying, I was disappointed with the magpie ones in the early days as they deleted negative comments however that may have changed now!
Hope that helps
[emoji2]
Yes that is very helpful thank you! Not thought about the bottles looking tatty but can see hlw MB would get tatty quickly! Is removal a pain then because they are thicker? Do you get any shrinking with the gel bottle?

It’s the labels on magpie you can see all the edges coming away.
At first I found removal tricky but now I file off quite a bit then wrap and by time I get to the last one the first one is ready. There’s no shrinking what’s so ever, sometimes they undercure even in their lamp so I have to be careful and double check that!

Hope that helps
[emoji2]
Can you share on this GelBottle removal? I'm using this now and finding it hard to come off :)

That is the only downside I have had with TGB. Otherwise, the pigment is amazing, the bottles are HUGE and are stunning, it lasts for weeks on extensions and natural nails.

Hi Ellis, I use the gel bottle 120 side of the their file and give a good even buff off( if I use builder in a bottle for base I will file off all the colour- sometimes infil but I’m more comfortable with new set) then I use acetone on a removal foil and wrap tightly do one nail at a time and then once last nail is wrapped go back to the first nail and it’s ready to come off [emoji2].

I would never buy magpie after viewing their Facebook group when they have someone with an issue or complaint they just delete it and just shut down all reasoning.

Hears good things about the gel bottle but have you heard of the manicure company I've recently started using this and love it.

I used magpie glitter which I love and when they brought out their gels I bought a few. It’s thick and floppy and just doesn’t set. After contacting them they said that it had to be used with their lamp which I also bought and it still didn’t make a difference. I wouldn’t waste your money. It’s a bit overpriced I think too.

I always used Gelish which I still love but it’s so expensive. I have been using candy Coat for a while now which lasts better, is really affordable and has loads of colours xx

I used magpie glitter which I love and when they brought out their gels I bought a few. It’s thick and floppy and just doesn’t set. After contacting them they said that it had to be used with their lamp which I also bought and it still didn’t make a difference. I wouldn’t waste your money. It’s a bit overpriced I think too.

I always used Gelish which I still love but it’s so expensive. I have been using candy Coat for a while now which lasts better, is really affordable and has loads of colours xx

Not floppy gloopy

Hi I know this is a quite old post but I didn't know where else to ask and get an honest answer. Does anyone who uses magpie has issues with liftings? Tia

Latest posts

Back