Magpie gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckjustpamper

Reaction score
hey all!

Currently issuing jessica GELerations and more recently I have been having a few problems with the colour lasting. Not particularly sure why as for years it's been fine. One of my ladies mentioned magpie gel polish which I hadn't yet come across but looking at their website they have some lovely colours and glitters. I am going to get some of the gels in for some variety as my regulars love new options BUT has anyone got any feedback for me for magpie gel?

Many thanks x

Sarah R on YouTube has a few reviews

I personally didn't get on with Magpie, but this was before they had their own lamp. I regularly see it re selling on the beauty selling pages.

One thing Ive noticed with Magpie, they delete all the problem posts that people put on their page. So you don't really know what kind of problems people are having with the gels. Put me off of purchasing to be honest. I use their glitters though x

I wouldn't buy from magpie as loads of people were posting problems on the group and they just get defensive quickly and delete and when I posted expressing an interest in purchasing some gels from them I had inboxes from a few girls in the group saying they were peeling not setting properly yet they had the correct lamp and training -

The glitters look nice but I buy mine from glitter express they are in my opinion just the same and cheaper/larger quantity

Magpie sell a lamp that is made by a company that primarily sells hydroponics lighting, hydroponics lighting is a lighting system used to grow drugs.

Nothing wrong with hydroponics, if thats your thing, though customers may not appreciate this.

Magpie have also not done their homework on which of their dusts and powders work with which gel systems, leaving this cost up to the consumer - complaints about this is probably why they started gel sales.

I will also support that they remove all problem comments, leaving no user based knowledge for everyone to learn from, again their lack of research into the product is a cost to be met by the general public.

I would not recommend these products for professional use at all.

I would also watch out for using cheaper gel products and judging it on the first few uses, it can sometimes take two or more appointments for the real nail damage to show up, again, costing you and also costing your client x
I’m interested to find out more as I use all magpie glitters, dusts etc.
Can you post links showing where you found this info please

A week or so after they launched the gels at a previous trade show there were masses of them being sold in bundles on Facebook nail groups.

Ive not used them but it didnt bode well seeing techs so quick to dump the stuff after paying out for it xx

I’m interested to find out more as I use all magpie glitters, dusts etc.
Can you post links showing where you found this info please

Do you use the gel? The glitters are lovely :).

I've moved this info now since it's been seen, anyone else wishing for links just message me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back