Magpie or The Gel Bottle?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LNB2304

Reaction score
Hi has anyone experience of using both of these products? I’m wondering what is stronger, offers more choice etc? I’m looking for another brand to run alongside my CND Shellac which offers more colour choice and something a bit stronger. I still want to be able to use foils, glitters etc.

If not either of these has anyone else got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance [emoji4]

You can use foils and glitters with both companies. I suggest buying a couple of colours from both companies and deciding which one suits you best.

Have you heard is Premier Gel? Their gels are pretty much identical to TGB Inc. I’ve tried Magpie and didn’t get on with it at all. Personal preference I know but Premier Gel is an amazing price and great products. Always having sales!

In saying that I haven’t tried TGB colours but I have their builder gels and they top anything else I’ve used. The colours do look amazing though! X

Have you heard is Premier Gel? Their gels are pretty much identical to TGB Inc. I’ve tried Magpie and didn’t get on with it at all. Personal preference I know but Premier Gel is an amazing price and great products. Always having sales!

In saying that I haven’t tried TGB colours but I have their builder gels and they top anything else I’ve used. The colours do look amazing though! X

Thanks for your reply. I haven’t but I will take a look. I’m a bit disappointed with TGB tbh as they have now sold out of their lamp and won’t have any back until end of March so I’m gonna hold off purchasing anything from them as want to be insured. I will take a look at the brand you suggested x

Thanks for your reply. I haven’t but I will take a look. I’m a bit disappointed with TGB tbh as they have now sold out of their lamp and won’t have any back until end of March so I’m gonna hold off purchasing anything from them as want to be insured. I will take a look at the brand you suggested x

Yeah definitely take a look at them. With regards to a lamp they recommend using SUN UV LED lamp. You can buy them on amazon and I bought the SUN UV 7 for about £45 I think. Also if your on Facebook you can search for Premier Gel Pro and there is a group for help, advice and posting your work. Really helpful people and always acknowledge the work you do with their products x

I use TGB's BIAB (Builder in a Bottle), which I love, so to make it worthwhile buying their lamp to ensure a proper cure I decided to buy some of their gel polishes too. I have to say they are lovely to use and have a huge choice of colours and gorgeous glitter polishes to choose from. They last really well too (but you do need to follow their application guidelines thoroughly as they're different from most other brands).
I personally think they are too expensive, despite the bigger bottles and I only buy them when they have a sale on - which in fairness is quite regularly. (They've currently got 25% off and had 20% the other day for a while too!). They do run out of popular products quite regularly though - including the lamp, which is a shame as they are attracting new clients every day and I think they should be able to provide the correct lamp at all times. Delivery times are usually very good, but when they have a big sale on they can often take up to 10 working days to arrive.

I have only used Magpie glitters so can't comment on their gel polish.

Another brand well worth looking at is INK London. The company produce their own products and only sell direct to the client so can keep their costs down that way. They have a fantastic support team and also offer lots of training courses (TGB do now too)

INK and TGB are my favourite brands.

Latest posts

Back