mags!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I've recently joined this site, although I have been viewing it with great interest over the past week. I think it is absolutely excellent and it is great to have all you experienced nail techs available to advise nail novices like me and exchange the latest news.

All the different opinions make the site all the more colourful. And Mui (Go! Girl Go!!) I am sure that if everyone didn't respect you, they wouldn't have responded to you. It is good to have open discussion, whether in agreement or not. The site is certainly more interesting with your input Mui and you obviously are a real pro.

As for subscribing to the site, I am just about to do that now. I do not care who profits from the site. Sam should be congratulated on the success of the site rather than criticised - it is certainly a life-saver to me. Everyone who contributes makes the site the success it is. Thanks to you all for making my life as a wanabee geek more bearable. You all keep me inspired.

I look forward to your future postings Mui!

Have a good w/end!

Dear Mui

Sadly I have found your original post.

I am lost for words.

It is a terrible, crying shame that you find only 4 pages of Scratch January issue of use to you.

I do feel that some of the editorial would be irrelevant to you as you would not understand why I might choose to highlight a guitarist - however he was an interesting case study as he does his nails to feed his talent. However I can only hope and pray that the rest of the world does not share your views as I will soon be out of business.

Maybe you can appreciate that to openly slate another person's work, business and passion is not the kindest approach. I would certainly not expect or want to see a client of yours openly discuss their feelings after an unsatisfactory treatment in your salon.

I don't mean to be cross- it's just I have not been so openly fired upon and so publicly and I feel - to be candid - quite gutted.

yours Alex Fox

Just wanted to say everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it is reasonably constructive surely. Not everyone will like what others do, as for me i like parts of Pro Nails and i love most of Scratch magazine. They both have things i look at and get info from but again you always expect to see advertising to keep the cost down for us!

Lets not get into who's better than who, we are all fellow nail Techs from all walks of life that at the end of the day should support each other throughout the industry. Mui you are a very talented lady and i love looking at your nail art, its a shame you haven't found what you are looking for in a nail mag. It helps to try to remain constructive when giving your opinion on something you don't like.

Lets hope this settles down now and gets back to the good posts that we all love and enjoy.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back