Mail chimp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurachicgeek

Reaction score
Hi all I'm trying to set up a mail chimp account but it won't let me do anything when I'm trying to activate it? Please help! Many thanks

Literally 1 minute later and I'm in! Sorry for the post guys.
Any tips for using mail chimp tho?
Be great to hear your experiences in using it.
Has it increased your business?
Would you recommend it to others?
Look forward to your responses

I used to work exclusively in email marketing for a large agency when I'd finished my degree.

There is only one tip I'd like to share (all the rest are down to you as a designer/writer.)

Email marketing is only going to be a success if you have a decent email list. They MUST be clients of yours and you must have plenty of them.

The attrition rate (spam filters etc etc.) is pretty high these days, so If you don't have a good email list (have search through my old posts and there's lots of information I've put on here about that) then I'd consider delaying sending anything until you've cultivated a proper list to go at.

I have over 600 people on my email database and my average open rate is 23%!

I like mail chimp. Once you get the hang of it it's quite easy to use. I always use the same template.

I send emails monthly up to weekly. Never any more than weekly.

It could be a quick one saying don't forget we are closed on the bank holiday this weekend. Or a full on newsletter type email.

A world expert in marketing regularly gets asked the question of 'How often should I email people?' and the answer is so simple...

As often as you have anything interesting to say.

Wow thank you so much for your responses! Very good food for thought! I've now set up my news letter to my clients only as I think it will make them feel more special with an offer just for them :) I don't have anywhere near 600 yet but I'm sure in time it will come.

I make my own client record cards and on there it has lots of info that I might use one day.

I have a section saying do you want to receive news and special offers via email, text, mail.

I have asked for their month and day of birth. Possibly to send out birthday promotions. There's something else aswell.

I figured its better to start collecting it from the beginning even if you don't use the information, so that when you do you don't have to start from scratch again.

X

Latest posts

Back