Maintain degree of undress- Bikini wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KAC1977

Reaction score
hi,
My Insurance Comany state...

Maintain Degree of Undress

If treating a client in an area that could cause controversy (ie close to the groin area) it is now necessary to have a diagram of the area the therapist will be treating. The client may sign to say they are giving consent to this being done and then sign again following traetment to agree that no intrusion into their privacy/dignity occurred and that the treatment was within the area so marked"..

Does anybody practise this way? if so i wonder if you would be so kind as to let me see a copy of your consultaion forms with this diagram and wording in?
Many Thanks in advance! x

Sorry I can't offer any advice to you, but I wondered who you were insured with? (If you don't mind disclosing). Just wondering how many of us this will affect...

I do not do this and I think it is plain ridiculous.

If a client wants a brazilian wax she has a pretty good idea of what is going to happen to her and the area involved.

I always explain the process with intimate waxing and what it entails for the client before I start .. do I really need to draw her a diagram as well!!!

Jacqui xx

That has to be the funniest insurance proviso I have ever heard! I can only imagine being a client and being presented with such a diagram!!!

I dont do intimate as such but i would say i venture that way as ive always just asked everyone for as long as ive worked how much do you want off.Never had to present a diagram though they are usually just able to tell me with the power of speech.

Sorry I can't offer any advice to you, but I wondered who you were insured with? (If you don't mind disclosing). Just wondering how many of us this will affect...

Im with the Federation Of Holistic Therapists. I have never had a consultaion form with a diagram shown to me for any bikini wax i have had, so i do think its going to the extreme. I guess it just covers you if somebody was to claim you touched them in an unprofessional manner?

Maybe i should email them and ask them to provide me with a template consultation form? x

so nobody uses a diagram? hmmmmmm x

I changed to Salon Gold for my insurance earlier this year..I was with the FHT but they told me they didn't insure waxing..perhaps they've included it now..?

How ridiculous...we'll be needing chaperones soon! Of course, we all appreciate the need to (and I hate the expression) "cover ourselves" but.....

jacquelineanna is right - no-one would book for a hollywood/brazilian without letting themselves in for so the whole idea is absurd.

If your insurers are imposing such terms & conditions they need to provide you with the tools. If you're anything like me at drawing, the stick people won't get the message across anyway!! At renewal, I'd suggest looking elsewhere. We have enough red tape to deal with with COSHH/PLI etc to spend time with our easels out.

sorry, I meant "knowing what they were letting themselves in for"

What a load of politically correct nonsense! You'd have to be naiive in the extreme not to know what was involved in having a Brazilian or Hollywood wax done! Surely this could have only been dreamt up by the most incompetent kind of civil servant imaginable? Looks like they got made redundant in the cuts and managed to blag a job with a certain insurance company...

OMG:rolleyes:Looks like we will all need a degree in Technical Drawing & The Male & Female Anatomy, allthough sketching wasnt my strong point at school :D so deservs a rep
Just imagine saying to your client " just hold that pose a few mins whilst I draw to show you where I'm going to wax"

Last edited:
Things are changing though folks.I had a pelvic ultrasound scan today and the male radiographer that i had to agree to have (i really dont care if hes good at his job) had to have a female chaperone present.If it had been a women radiographer i wouldnt have had to have a chaperone,i wondered whether if i had been a man or if the woman radiographer had a woman patient would they still need a chaperone of opposite sex.

Hahaha!! I'll be saying to clients.."can you tell what it is yet?! No neither can I!!"
Just had a future flash...we'll be offering hypnosis to convince clients they have no hair and/or keyhole Brazilians...via the bellybutton!!!

Hahaha!! I'll be saying to clients.."can you tell what it is yet?! No neither can I!!"
Just had a future flash...we'll be offering hypnosis to convince clients they have no hair and/or keyhole Brazilians...via the bellybutton!!!

I've heard of a male intimate wax called "The Aussie" (all off down under) - if you book in for one of those, do you get the "can you tell what it is yet" routine???

Imagine the poor client who is presented with the diagram and a therapist saying "I'm going to touch you here, here and here"!!!!!!

Imagine the poor client who is presented with the diagram and a therapist saying "I'm going to touch you here, here and here"!!!!!!

Thats exactly it Martin it says i dont really know what im doing it would get clients worried if anything.People like simplicity.

Things are changing though folks.I had a pelvic ultrasound scan today and the male radiographer that i had to agree to have (i really dont care if hes good at his job) had to have a female chaperone present.If it had been a women radiographer i wouldnt have had to have a chaperone,i wondered whether if i had been a man or if the woman radiographer had a woman patient would they still need a chaperone of opposite sex.

Is it any wonder that the NHS is in such disarray then? It would make a *lot* more sense to spend the money on proper *clinical* staff - doctors and nurses who are there to actually care for the patients - rather than wasting money on "non jobs" like that. Then, in what's probably a very small minority of cases where you get a very picky patient that *demands* a chaperone, you can just call a nurse in for a couple of minutes.

I blame the "litigation culture" myself, and those incredibly evil people who would damage a doctor's reputation and waste NHS resources by falsely claiming that bad things had happened to them, just so they can sue the NHS for damages - instead of doing a proper day's work like the rest of us!

But in this climate of NHS cutbacks, it's the chaperone who would be getting the P45 if I were in charge, as opposed to the doctors and nurses doing the real work...

The previous posts have had me laughing sooo much I've nearly spilt my wine :biggrin:

But on a negative note, isn't this industry just becoming more and more bogged down with beaurocracy and such. On the one hand we have so called professionals that do really bad one day courses and think they are then therapists, and on the other hand we have therapists that spend thousands on CPD who are then bogged down with this ****e. (not saying that all one day courses are bad, so please dont shout me down!)

Latest posts

Back