SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inktavia

Reaction score
Hi there! I was looking for some tips or products to maintain healthy nails after or during acrylics. I want to keep my clients nails as healthy and strong as I can, because from their experience acrylics ruin their nails in the past (I’m assuming because of their nail techs).

I do not do fills, because I do not have a drill, also I am terrified of bacteria- so I make sure to do a full set every 3 weeks on each client. Is this too much? How can I keep the nails looking good without thinning them out too much when I file to remove shine

Hi there! I was looking for some tips or products to maintain healthy nails after or during acrylics. I want to keep my clients nails as healthy and strong as I can, because from their experience acrylics ruin their nails in the past (I’m assuming because of their nail techs).

I do not do fills, because I do not have a drill, also I am terrified of bacteria- so I make sure to do a full set every 3 weeks on each client. Is this too much? How can I keep the nails looking good without thinning them out too much when I file to remove shine
I love wearing acrylics but for me they are really dehydrating. I tend to keep them on for three or four infills and then soak then off and hit the IBX repair and strengthen big time!!
After that's done I've been switching to Bio Sculpture with their nail treatments for a spell to give them a break, but next time I'm interested to try the Ikon.iQ gels instead.

I wouldn't want to repeatedly remove and replace acrylic, that would be more harmful than leaving it be and just back filling.

Other than that I'm always telling myself off for not using cuticle oil enough, I know it can make a huge difference to overall nail health. A good one with at least vit E, almond and jojoba oil in it.

Latest posts

Back