Maintaining your client base

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyf

Reaction score
Other than doing a great job with the set of nails, mani/pedi, does anyone have some extra ideas of how to hold onto your existing clients?

Hi Kellief
with my clients I give them a free $25.0 infill on there 6th visit. I give the a card & each time they come for an infill I sign it & date it,then they know when there next free infill will be.once they have had there infill.on the next visit I give them another card & strt agian..Hope this helps with some ideas....:)i

I will give my clients compimentary nail art on occasions, which they like.

The main one that keeps people coming to me is the fact they love what i do, plus, if they recommend anyone to me and they have a treatment, i then give my client 10% off of their next treatment.

i give 10% off on every 6th appointment and if they recomend a friend they get 10% off or a free gift (product)......

I dont really give discount to my regulars even long standing ones, but i have a note of their birthdays on my client record card so i will give them a mini solar oil, or scensation lotion on birthdays or christmas, i do reward them with a discount only if they recommend a friend and that friend has a full set of enhancemnets.
long standing clients tend not to need a discount insentive to stay with you...its because they like your work.

i must be tight...i don't give any discounts or free infill's at all. I never get anything free from my hairdresser...

I do a small gift at Christmas and try to accommodate them for whenever they need me, always try and be positive and have a huge smile waiting for them..:lol: x

Well I do think your work counts first and foremost, but other than that I think they have to feel very comfortable with you; if you are going to sit opposite each other for a hr plus each fortnight or so, it's very important that there is no awkwardness. I make my clients a cup of tea/coffee, try to remember names of family and details of holidays or whats going on in their life. I used to do it deliberately but now I find I genuinely am interested most of the time . . .

I give a discount as a thank you for passing a recommendation, I pinched this idea from my hairdresser who does the same. Just a nice touch which I think is remembered, and encourages referrals, and it is only a discount off their next appointment, not forever!

I use Solar butter/silk to finish (which of course sometimes leads to retail purchases, I keep some stock) and clients love the smell and remark what a nice finishing touch it is.

All in all I think it is a combination of things that keep your clients coming back but if your nails aren't up to standard then none of the other things will keep them.

I always make sure I have them booked in for their next appointment before they go!:lol:

I never give freebies or discount. I may occasionally do a polish if I've a new colour I want to try, or give the odd gem (god i'm tight!).

Most of my clients are long standing ones that like what I do and travel to come to me too in some cases.

As I sit and hold hands with my clients for 1-2hrs each 2-3wks, I find I'm very friendly with them all. I get birtday cards & invites out & invites to weddings etc which is nice that they want to include me.

im probably the same as you bev.
they make their appts before they leave, ive got some that have booked up til the new year!!!( god help me!)
i never give discounts either,
but i will give nail art and a few gems too if i have time as freebies,
but i do think it is down to how you treat them, mine rush in saying "omg ive had such a day "etc etc,
so i say " so come on sit down , unwind and relax and tell me all about it!!"
after an hour or so, they are calm, sleepy and enjoy their "ME" time
i think thats what makes them keep coming,

oh and having a set of nails that they are happy with too! lol

Other than doing a great job with the set of nails, mani/pedi, does anyone have some extra ideas of how to hold onto your existing clients?

The best way to hold on to clients is, consitency in your service, sticking to the hours you have advertised as in being available when you say you will be, being better than anyone else around you, a fab client rapport....
This to me is more important then giving something away for free.......there will be the odd time when you can just include something into a service and then smile and say... and this is just for you....a little handmassage or just going the extra mile... this is more remembered than any voucher or the like..... the will feel special and that is something money can't buy. They will only have fantastic thing to say about you and the word of mouth is the most powerful form of advertisment....makes a little voucher seem less important doesn't it.... but if you want to include that as well as, then go for it xxx

Just my thoughts xxxx

Latest posts

Back