Maintenance pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suesbeautybar

Reaction score
Hi just moved to new area doing 2 client's feet very neglected one has cracked heels and the other cut nails so short that they are in growing any advice on improving .
All advice greatly appreciated .

Hi Sue,

Ugh :rolleyes: Neglected feet need a good pamper from you. However your client needs an education in doing some homecare. I know that they expect a miracle in one service but really it's nigh on impossible. A good pedicure with lashings of exfoliator/callus softener, oils and butter based products will be a great start. Cuccio do such fab products that it becomes a really nice pampering experience.

Use your common sense and advise on hard skin removal at home using a pumice almost daily. (I like Mr Pumice as a good homecare hard skin remover - (Sally's salon supplies ) Followed by lashings of cocoa butter or nourishing cream every day to help to heal those cracks. Advise that they wear small socks to help keep the products on the skin.
Follow up with another pedicure in say 4 weeks and there should be an improvement.

Client no 2.
You can't grow short nails back, but you can neaten with a file the irregular shape and hope that they grow back without a lot of soreness and pain. Cleaning gently under the free edge can assist and prevent ingrown nails if they are not too troublesome. It is surprising how much discomfort is felt if there is a build up of dead skin and sebum under the corners of the nails.
Again provide the pamper element and it will be a lovely experience for them.

If necessary those feet may need the attention of a podiatrist. We know our limits and we should refer onto an expert if they have problematic ingrown nails.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Hi Sue,

Ugh :rolleyes: Neglected feet need a good pamper from you. However your client needs an education in doing some homecare. I know that they expect a miracle in one service but really it's nigh on impossible. A good pedicure with lashings of exfoliator/callus softener, oils and butter based products will be a great start. Cuccio do such fab products that it becomes a really nice pampering experience.

Use your common sense and advise on hard skin removal at home using a pumice almost daily. (I like Mr Pumice as a good homecare hard skin remover - (Sally's salon supplies ) Followed by lashings of cocoa butter or nourishing cream every day to help to heal those cracks. Advise that they wear small socks to help keep the products on the skin.
Follow up with another pedicure in say 4 weeks and there should be an improvement.

Client no 2.
You can't grow short nails back, but you can neaten with a file the irregular shape and hope that they grow back without a lot of soreness and pain. Cleaning gently under the free edge can assist and prevent ingrown nails if they are not too troublesome. It is surprising how much discomfort is felt if there is a build up of dead skin and sebum under the corners of the nails.
Again provide the pamper element and it will be a lovely experience for them.

If necessary those feet may need the attention of a podiatrist. We know our limits and we should refer onto an expert if they have problematic ingrown nails.

Good luck for tomorrow.
Thanks for your input as it is their first treatment it is always a little nervy trying to be tactful about education. X

ugh! I’ve been soo frustrated with new and irregular clients booking in for a one off pedicure on the eve on an event/holiday and having calluses, peeling skin, rock hard thick cuticle, broken or torn nails, irregular cut short nails etc. It’s so disheartening when you know you could have sent them off with immaculate beautiful feet and toes if they’d put as much love and time into their feet as they do with their lashes, lips and nail enhancements 😁.
I’m thinking up a way to reason them into booking at least one appointment before the main event appointment so they get a result they and I am happy with and have realistic expectations. If that doesn’t work at least have a home care protocol for them to do leading up to their appointment.
If anyone has suggestions please say. I don’t want to offend anyone I’ve never met before by assuming they have nightmare feet!
Xx

ugh! I’ve been soo frustrated with new and irregular clients booking in for a one off pedicure on the eve on an event/holiday and having calluses, peeling skin, rock hard thick cuticle, broken or torn nails, irregular cut short nails etc. It’s so disheartening when you know you could have sent them off with immaculate beautiful feet and toes if they’d put as much love and time into their feet as they do with their lashes, lips and nail enhancements 😁.
I’m thinking up a way to reason them into booking at least one appointment before the main event appointment so they get a result they and I am happy with and have realistic expectations. If that doesn’t work at least have a home care protocol for them to do leading up to their appointment.
If anyone has suggestions please say. I don’t want to offend anyone I’ve never met before by assuming they have nightmare feet!
Xx

I am lucky to have very longstanding pedicure regulars so that I don't have your problem. I feel for you and how annoying it must be.

I am thinking that your solution could be to offer on your treatment menu an "Introductory/Consultation Foot Care Pedicure" Charge a little bit more because you are going to be offering a planned foot care service. Like the first private physiotherapy appointment is usually a little higher in price, due to the consultation beforehand. Insist that new clients are then fully aware that they need to see you before the planned event so that they get the best out of your services.

Why not ask them if they actually do any home care whilst you make the first contact? So this is where you could suggest the homecare protocol you are thinking about. An opportunity to retail a small pumice, foot soak, foot cream perhaps. Getting to know your pedicure brand and it's benefits.

During the conversation so much could be gained on both sides. However, in this world of texts, emails and remote online bookings it is easy to miss out on an actual chat about what you and they will expect from the treatment. Pick the phone up and make contact and do your research into what type of client is coming.
Some clients also may think that their feet are quite bad when they are not, but others will admit the condition of them whilst you're in discussion about the appointment.

Bets of luck.

Thank you RosieR (again!)for so thoughtfully replying and giving time and thought to problem solving solutions . I very much appreciate you taking time and interest for advice.
I feel I can move from frustration to control!🙏
I’ll take your most excellent advice and get that offer on my treatment menu and put together a home care pack. Make a crib sheet questionnaire to use in conversation.
There’s always going to be those who point blank refuse a pre appointment but at least if I’ve had an in-depth conversation with them they could, if they neglect their feet, make a start before their appointment.
💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

You are most welcome ! They do seem good ideas for your business.
It is very nice to be appreciated and makes it all the more worthwhile trying to offer helpful advice. Thankyou 😻
RosieR

Latest posts

Back