Majicontrast red advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmylou411

Reaction score
Hi,
A client of mine has been having majicontrast red on what was her virgin hair for over a year now and her condition is fine but the colour seems to fade more and more quickly lately. She used red depositing shampoo and protects it well but think it may be used too much now and the cuticle is left open due to this. I have read that a semi may be a better option on the ends or could I water the product down or use a 9vol Richesse developer? I can’t help but think surely the colour would just fade as much being a semi so a little confused.

When refreshing the ends the Majicontrast should be just mixed with equal parts warm water (no developer).

If the hair is very porous it might be best to colour match with a dialight shade 6.66 or a true semi-permanent.

When refreshing the ends the Majicontrast should be just mixed with equal parts warm water (no developer).

If the hair is very porous it might be best to colour match with a dialight shade 6.66 or a true semi-permanent.
Thank you for this, I’ve never don’t this before, do you think it will last well or wash out pretty quick? What about if I water down my peroxide to make a 10vol?

Thank you for this, I’ve never don’t this before, do you think it will last well or wash out pretty quick? What about if I water down my peroxide to make a 10vol?

Using 10vol (3%) will open the cuticle layer and lift the hair slightly and will also lead to an increase in the porosity of the hair over time.

Normally, I’d use either a demi or a semi when refreshing tinted hair and if using a demi, use the lowest possible strength of developer. Wella Pastel developer is 6vol or 1.9%.

This advice is the correct way to use majicontrast.
Try this first as it should last longer
Colour matching majicontrast may be tricky

Latest posts

Back