Majicontrast

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
I have a quick question, can majicontrast red be used on coloured hair, her hair is about a 2/3 (home colour )?

I have used it on coloured hair, I have used it on a base of a 2 coloured hair , it doesnt come out as bright as it should (it didnt for me anyhow) but if the client wants to know what the colour will be like I would do a test cutting to see how well it comes up try different peroxide strengths to see which comes out best especially if its been previously coloured with a box job.

I had to do the hair this morn after offering to do it after a drink or 2 last night !!!:eek:

It was really odd, colour was pretty good quite bright used 30 Vol with it, it was really bizarre it just wouldn't take on her fringe, reapplied 3 times !!! was just a slight colour ?

I had to do the hair this morn after offering to do it after a drink or 2 last night !!!:eek:

It was really odd, colour was pretty good quite bright used 30 Vol with it, it was really bizarre it just wouldn't take on her fringe, reapplied 3 times !!! was just a slight colour ?

Hi, had she straightened her fringe prior .... and put any straightening product on it that may have coated and sealed the cuticles ?

did you get a pinky washy see through lift without any vibrant colour ? .....

if so.... this means the volume needed lowering to 6% for the fringe as it may have had a lot less dark dye on it than the rest of the hair ?

majicontrast is very strong and usually only needs 20 vol ,

only if there is colour build up should a higher peroxide be needed.... and as Natsel said some test pieces are best for determining this

if this is the case then re colour it dark again , then put on the majicontrast with the 6% but don't leave it too long ... and it should be fine

but ..... after colouring it back dark ,
like mentioned above do some test peices first jwith the majicontrast
just to make sure ,
x minky

Latest posts

Back