Majirel high lift help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lissmorleyx

Reaction score
Just some help on the new formulation MAJIREL high lift, has anyone else realised a more intense tone when using the new formulation? I find depending on the depth of natural base that HL ash+ mostly goes way too blue and HL violet too purple. Anyone else noticing the intense change & what do you think?

@Lissmorleyx The tones are designed to be stronger so you do need to consider what type of undertone you are working with more especially on lighter bases. If you need to soften them you can mix the with neutral to dilute the tone. I really like the beige tone for a softer highlight when you are working on hair without too much warmth to neutralise.

Not a fan of the new highlift range personally. Previously used majiblonde 901s on a client for years, always came up lovely... Transferred over to HL ASH+, clients hair literally turned blue!
Since then the only highlift I stick to is the neutral! Too nervous to try the HL VIOLET incase my clients end up looking like they've had a purple rinse!

@gemjems have you tried just using the standard ash shade rather than ash+ as a replacement for 901S? Ash plus is a much more intense ash.

With the ash+ and violet you should be fine on a base 5 or 6, on lighter bases or very fine/ashy hair then I would add mix with half neutral.

@adamlea87 no I haven't tried the standard ash actually. The whole ash+ scared me a bit so now I just use neutral on my clients hair. It comes out quite warm but she doesn't mind it compared to the result we got with the ash+.
Do you suggest maybe I mix neutral and ash together to get the 901s result she was always used to?

I do find hl ash+ to be brilliant for those with darker natural base. hl violet also brilliant on natural darker bases, will make note of mixing hl neutral when necessary, never even thought of doing that! Thank you. I used the hl violet on a girl with natural base 6 hair and it came up lovely, may try hl ash+ on her next time though.

Not a fan of the new highlift range personally. Previously used majiblonde 901s on a client for years, always came up lovely... Transferred over to HL ASH+, clients hair literally turned blue!
Since then the only highlift I stick to is the neutral! Too nervous to try the HL VIOLET incase my clients end up looking like they've had a purple rinse!
Don't know if it's too late to share, but
I've just applied 50/50 of Loreal high lift in ash and neutral with 12% - as Loreals instructions recommends 12% for pure color results and so far my hair hasn't turned blue
I put it on my lengths which are a 10 or 11 with slight golden highlights!

Don't know if it's too late to share, but
I've just applied 50/50 of Loreal high lift in ash and neutral with 12% - as Loreals instructions recommends 12% for pure color results and so far my hair hasn't turned blue
I put it on my lengths which are a 10 or 11 with slight golden highlights!
hi, what is you natural base please?

hi, what is you natural base please?

Hi Lina - my natural base is a 7, I'd say, a dirty blonde with some coppery highlights - I honestly haven't seen my true color for years as I dye my roots a cool 6 or 7, with my lengths a very light silvery grey..

Latest posts

Back