Majirel mix L'Oreal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell

Reaction score
Could someone explain the majirel mix colours, I started using loreal so they are new to me ?

Hi Russell.

Majirel mix colors are the concentrate colors of the Majirel range.
You can add them in small quantities to your usual Majirel color mix to intensify the tone, or help neutralise the tone. They are designed so you can customise your color creativity.

To intensify colors, use the Red, copper Red, Copper and Yellow mix tones.

To help Neutralise colors, use the Mauve, Blue and Green mix tones.

They should be used in small quantities. One of our other Salon Geeks who uses Majirel should be able to clarify the quantities for you. x

:)

the darker the base the more the mix (should add up to 11) so a 6 u would need 5cm of mix....

Thank you , so if I used 7.0 mixed with 4cm of mauve to make 11 would it be like 7.2 or 7.02 ???

Hi Russell.

Majirel mix colors are the concentrate colors of the Majirel range.
You can add them in small quantities to your usual Majirel color mix to intensify the tone, or help neutralise the tone. They are designed so you can customise your color creativity.

To intensify colors, use the Red, copper Red, Copper and Yellow mix tones.

To help Neutralise colors, use the Mauve, Blue and Green mix tones.

They should be used in small quantities. One of our other Salon Geeks who uses Majirel should be able to clarify the quantities for you. x

:)

That's cool so like if I were going up use a 6.66 or 6.60 i could use a little of red mix to make it more bright?

That's cool so like if I were going up use a 6.66 or 6.60 i could use a little of red mix to make it more bright?

To use lol

How strong would it neutralise would it be like the primary or secondary tone just so I don't make it to dull ?

So it u wanted to use half of 6.66 and half of red mix would it work? X

Well it would go very red, but as the mix tones have no base colors in them, it would fade out fairly fast. They are best used as additives to boost the tones in your mix. As suggested above, the correct amounts of both tint and mix tone should add up to 11. So for example if you used 6g of 6.66, you would then use 5cm of red mix tone.

I have heard before that some mix tones can be used on their own for ultra bright results, but I would never try this myself for fear of excessive fading.

:wink2:

How strong would it neutralise would it be like the primary or secondary tone just so I don't make it to dull ?

Depends on what your trying to neutralise. Say for example, a client has virgin level 7 hair with red tones in, and she prefers more of a level 7 without the red tones, you could then mix up base 7 tint with some green mix tone and it should help neutralise the red.
With neutralising, I wouldn't add too much because as you have already said, it could go a muddy matt color or actually go the color of the mix tone itself. :eek:

Ok that's good to know ill will try it slowly, just ordered the colours so ill do it subtlety and see how I go , cheers !!!! :)

The rule of eleven was devolved for Wella colours & it's to neutralise, slightly enhance or personalise a colour. Mixer tone is fine to use but it's recommended to strand test before use with different quantities. E.g I wanted to neutralise a red colour but had to use way more just to get rid of the vibrancy. Be careful not to use too much & if you're using it as a tint regrowth then be careful if using it on grey hair because the vibrancy will show more

Does the same apply to loreal?

Latest posts

Back