Major Help with L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemma Cole

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been on this a lot recently however this is my first thread. I've been trying to get advice on perfecting my L&P application but as yet there is no miracle answere:cry:

I trained in La Fame for both gel and L&P. Both were intese short courses so i have not had a huge amount of practice under a watchful eye. My main prob with L&P is my general application, i can't seem to get my mix ratio correct and end up that it drys to quickly for me to work with or else it runs down my clients' finger and becomes translucent and uneven. When i trained i was taught to dip my brush and apply pressure in the dapen dish to remove air bubbles and remove the excess at the side of the dish before picking up my bead of powder.

I have just bought a creative master series pro styler brush and am hoping that this will help. Maybe im just not quick enough:rolleyes: i always need to do a lot of filing to even out and thin out the nail. Does anyone have any good tips, im considering retraining even though i've already got my cretificate.

xx Gemma xx

i cant help you with the ratio for the brand you are using (i havent heard of it personally) so i dont know if the l*p you are using is fast or slow set etc.
so regarding ratio for the one your using it will have to be trial and error by yourself.
If i was you i would see if you can get a one 2 one with your educator to iron this out, or you will start to loose confidence if your ratio doesnt get sorted.
have a read of these hun.
your working to dry ie. draining to much monomer....burp your brush then go back in and you dont have to wipe your brush hard you can just slightly tap each side of the brush as you bring it out of your dampen dish.
your working to wet.....to much liquid in your brush....you have to find a happy medium

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/8912-product-control-part-1-mix-ratio.html

Thank you so much, the tutorials are always so helpful. I'm being a model for a friend about to train in this brand so I will def listen carefully and ask lots of questions while i wait for my new set :) if i still need more I will take your advice and book a one to one.
The more i read I'm thinking my brush is a big player in my frustration, can't wait for the postman to bring my shiny new one and get practising.

Thanks for your help xx

Maybe the miracle you require is a copy of 'nailclass'. The book can be purchased at mundo - just click on books

Thanks Gigi, I'm sure this will def help me you always explain things so well. Gonna get on and purchase now :)

Thanks again xx

Thanks Gigi, I'm sure this will def help me you always explain things so well. Gonna get on and purchase now :)

Thanks again xx

Well don't just read it .. WORK with it .. and it will help you as it has thousands of others .. so they tell me anyway. :lol: Chapter by chapter, love.x

Well don't just read it .. WORK with it .. and it will help you as it has thousands of others .. so they tell me anyway. :lol: Chapter by chapter, love.x
YEP YEP im with you on this 1 the book is fab n the best buy i think it has done me many of a turn also when you feel on a low eb after sitting n reading through nailclass your feel like your ready to have another bash at it ... xxxx BIG WOO HOO TO GIGI 4 ALL SHE DONE 4 US NAIL TECHS XXXX

YEP YEP im with you on this 1 the book is fab n the best buy i think it has done me many of a turn also when you feel on a low eb after sitting n reading through nailclass your feel like your ready to have another bash at it ... xxxx BIG WOO HOO TO GIGI 4 ALL SHE DONE 4 US NAIL TECHS XXXX

:o Well thanks for that .. Gigi can use a few WOO HOOs just at the moment!

:o Well thanks for that .. Gigi can use a few WOO HOOs just at the moment!
lol dont go thinking your all that now ... the glory is over hahahahahaha only kiddin .... i ment every word ... its like a bible to me ...lol xxx emily xx

Hello, i have got the nail class book, really worth reading over and over, i was getting a bit frustrated with my application and i did one to one, i learned more than ever and my enthusiasum has returned, my application ten times better!:)

Absolutely love this site, it's so much help and everyone is so friendly. It brightens my day!! I have ordered Nailclass and am getting excited about receiving it...feel like a child at chritmas hehe!

Thanks for all the help guys, it's really good getting help from the experts

xx

Absolutely love this site, it's so much help and everyone is so friendly. It brightens my day!! I have ordered Nailclass and am getting excited about receiving it...feel like a child at chritmas hehe!

Thanks for all the help guys, it's really good getting help from the experts

xx
No problem chuck ... its wicked this site .. there is so much you can pick up on ere i love it .. xxx take care n all the best xx emily xx

Latest posts

Back