Major life change which isn't good could be ahead

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsR

Reaction score
[/I]OK I am going to try to make this as short as possible.

I started in nails a few years ago training with CND in L&P and Spa Mani & Pedi. I absolutely love nails and am so passionate about them but struggled with L&P as I am not that artistic but I adore Manis and Pedis and giving quality treatments and making sure people feel indulged and relaxed whien I do these treatments - to me that is pure happiness.

I couldn't open my own salon and went mobile as well as holding down a job in the NHS.

Anyways that is by the by - I got pregnant and had twin girls. They are now 2 and I work part time in the NHS now and have got back to do nails - starting up the long hard hill of getting starte dagain but as so excited about Minx and Shellac - just saving up the pennies for training and product.

Right now this is the main bit - my husband is an alcoholic and it does look like I will seperate from him within th enext year if he doesn't get sorted - this has been going on for a while now with a lot of added stress on top with me trying to hold don EVERYTHING.

So my question is - can a single parent of young twins remain a nail tech? Can I do it? I feel I can accomplish anything but right now due to all the stress I need a little advice from the outside.

Any advice in any shape or from would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Hi Mrs R, my heart goes out to you. This is from my own personal experience:

I separated when my kids were 2 and 4. I was working at a salon but because it wasn't steady money, I HAD to get a job that had a steady income. To me, that is the only downfall working in the beauty ndustry. You can come to work and have a full book, then have cancellations throughout the day. If you can't fill the cancellation, you make no $$$.

Even now that my kids are grown, I have a full time job and do nails part time.

I believe it CAN be done but it's a lot of work. I sincerely wish you all the best. :)

So sorry to read about your husband and I really hope that for all your sakes, he gets himself sorted out.

I raised my daughter from when she was one year old as a single mum with no financial support or contact with her dad. With hard work and determination I got through it just fine. She's 27yrs old in a couple of days time and I thank God every day for her.

There will be hard times………especially with two of them, but as each year passes, it'll get easier and easier. Before you know it, they'll be at an age where they'll understand that you're doing what you can to be an amazing mum.

Good luck and keep on aiming high. xx

I haven't had your life experience but from the posts you've received so far you can see that others have and I hope their words of encouragement bring you strength and comfort. I wish success and happiness where ever this takes you.

I feel for you luv, the key is keeping as strong as you can. Especially for your girls.
Its not really the same situation. But I currently live in America. My home is England as i was born and raised there. All my family except my mum lives there. Im currently living in America because my husband is a citizen here. Immigration laws to the UK are tricky. Anyways... I dont have my licence here and cant get it, so that means i have no means of getting about other then walking or bumming a ride from my mum or mates or husband when he isnt working. He works all day full time and then goes to the gym most nights after work. We have a one year old together and im the one who looks after him 24/7. No help really from babysitters etc. But im still going mobile, just trying to build up a clientbase right now. My point is, you can do it. It will be pretty hard in the beginning and maybe you should keep you other job rather then just doing nails to start with. But you will have friends and family around you that will be able to help you. Hope that helps any?

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply x

Latest posts

Back