Majorly Peed Off!!!!!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittergirl

Blingin' Brummie Geek
Reaction score
Well i'm home alone so sadly all you geeks are going to have to listen to me moaning.

I apolgise now.

I brought something off e-bay and now the seller is acusing me of not paying and i have!!!!!!

The story is:

I went to pay for the item but had spent all my simolians in the bank so the next day i get an e-mail off the seller telling me i had won the auction (hinting for me to make payment) so the following day i send cash in the post by recorded delivery (stupid i know) it wasn't alot only a couple of quid but now shes acusing me of not paying i'm really upset coulda cried when i read the e-mail.

I've responded but now i've got to wait to hear from them.

What should i do i've paid for the goods!!!! :-(

glittergirl said:
Well i'm home alone so sadly all you geeks are going to have to listen to me moaning.

I apolgise now.

I brought something off e-bay and now the seller is acusing me of not paying and i have!!!!!!

The story is:

I went to pay for the item but had spent all my simolians in the bank so the next day i get an e-mail off the seller telling me i had won the auction (hinting for me to make payment) so the following day i send cash in the post by recorded delivery (stupid i know) it wasn't alot only a couple of quid but now shes acusing me of not paying i'm really upset coulda cried when i read the e-mail.

I've responded but now i've got to wait to hear from them.

What should i do i've paid for the goods!!!! :-(
Have you told her it was sent via Recorded Delivery, or is she suggesting that the envelope has arrived minus the cash? Problem is of course, Royal Mail aren't doing too well in the reliability/honesty stakes at the moment are they but in any event, so long as you have your receipt, you should be able to claim via them shouldn't you?

Incidentally, have you checked to see what her Ebay feedback is like generally - you can invaribly tell a lot from that!?

Hi Jodie,

I do a lot of buying/selling on ebay, and I have had this sort of problem before! Firstly, presume your seller IS genuine and HASN'T actually recieved your money. Send him/her a photocopy of your recorded delivery reciept. The post CAN be delayed - I had a parcel I sent to a buyer delayed for 12 WEEKS!! In the mean time I claimed on the Post Office compensation system. I had no problems - they reimbursed without question. Ask the seller if they may be a little more patient and wait for royal mail! If all that fails - either invite the seller to claim, or do it yourself. If you can afford, re send the payment but use POSTAL ORDERS! HTH!

Hi Jodie,

As you have the internet go to Royal mail website . You can Track the recorded item to see if it has been delivered.

You will need you red delivery bit and you will have to key in the number and the date it was sent . If it has been delivered it will tell you the date and time . You can then get back to the seller and inform her that you have proof of delivery and ask that she sends the goods.

Good Luck :)

Karen

sorry to hear about the probs your having chuck - thankfully i havent had this problem. hope i never do either.

be patient pet - im sure from the advice youve already been given it will get sorted.

i always check the feedback tho before i buy anything from ebay

have you resolved this problem yet??? did you recieve your item?

I sell on e-bay someone posted me cash and a pound fell out as they handed me the envelope on the doorstep :eek: . Also you are not covered by recorded delivery for sending cash. It does say this on the slip. I would highly recommend you send a postal order next time.

Hi there! I worked for Royal Mail for 10 years and unfortunately like is said before you are not covered for cash, BUT.... they will be able to tell you if the person in question signed for it, at what time and on what day, if she is saying she did not receive it or sign for it then look here:- http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content2?mediaId=12600160&catId=400144#5800109 and it tells you what to do, usually they are quite sympathetic and will try their best to help (I say usually as I left nearly 2 years ago now and their service has somewhat changed since then!). J xx

hi guys,

thanks for the response well i had an e-mail today and shes now saying it may of gone astray with staff!

i will have a look at the website thanks.

It's only a few quid but its the principle (very stubborn im afraid) i'm not paying it if i have paid it once!

if it's genuwine then i'll send it again by postal orders this time!

Latest posts

Back