Make up advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgina2016

Reaction score
Hi,
I am starting to do a home course in becoming a make up artist. I will be offering make overs at a reduce price to gain my experience and to help with my assignments. I am on a bit of a budget with the make up I can purchase so far I have got some sleek lip sticks, glosses and eyeshadow. I am looking for some good foundations to use, I have been thinking on using Elizabeth Arden Foundation, or max factor 3 in 1 foundation. I am wanting one that is good for all day use. Don't want some thing that will look to cheap and tacky on people as I don't want to ruin my make up business before I get it off the ground, also looking at a small charge for the make over as well to cover the cost of the products used. Any advice how much I should charge, x

Grimas is a good professional product to use because it can be mixed and a pallet is good value for money. It gives good coverage and blends well.

Be sure to check that the makeup course you are doing is suitable for what you need. You'll need to be able to get insurance to start working on the public.

Hey Hun take a look at nyx! Boots have just started stockeing it in the uk but it's been in America for ages and from what I've heard loads of American make up artists swear by it. Their liquid lipsticks are phenomenal and I really like their primer gonna get their colour corrector too. They are really affordable!xx

Latest posts

Back