Make-up application hygiene question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L119

Reaction score
When you trained in make-up how were you taught to apply eyeshadow hygienically? Work straight from the eyeshadow palette (with clean sterile brushes of course) or scrape the eyeshadow out onto a empty palette or tissue? I was taught the later but it seems so wasteful and I'm sure Make-Up Artists in industry don't scrape their expensive eye shadows out?
I know this is how you work with lipsticks etc and to use disposable wands and eyeliner brushes etc etc but I want to know specifically for eyeshadow

I've tried searching Habia for the correct standards but can't find anything - anyone point me in the right directionn where I can find some written info?

Thank you x

I was taught to scrape product from the palette onto an empty metal palette. I hated doing it but kind of got used to it now. At IMATS I bought a product which you spray onto your products e.g. Eyeshadows after using them to sanitise the product. It means that you don't have to scrape product out, you can just use your brushes.
Can't remember the name of the product off the top of my head but it's in a blue bottle and I love it.

I would never do that with my eyeshadows! I use a spray over them called Beauty So Clean after use.

Thanks ladies, I have a santiser spray so will use that x

Latest posts

Back