Make up artist portfolio days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noreenoconnor

CND Education Ambassador Cork
Reaction score
Hi guys and girls :)

I'm thinking about setting up a make up artist portfolio day for budding make up artists and would like your opinions on what would be popular.

I would be using agency models , a hair stylist , and a truly talented photographer. The idea behind the day is that each person would leave with one killer image for their portfolio.

I see so many MUA who have amazing skills but not enough rep to gain access to agency models / high end photographers . I myself would be on hand to give tips and advice if needed , and had considered doing a mini master class at the start of the day .

So for all you budding MUA , would a day like this appeal to you? How much would you pay for a day like this , would you like a mini master class or would you prefer to be let loose so to speak :) would it be easier to theme the day I.e vintage themed or high fashion or would you prefer to shoot whatever you fancy :)

Any help would be much appreciated :)

I think this is a great idea!! I would rather it be a mini masterclass than being let loose so to speak!

Sounds like a really good idea!

I think a mini masterclass because then its more structured & everyone knows the plan for the day, great opportunity to possibly get a foot in the door!

Oooh I love the idea of a themed mini masterclass and then maybe everyone could be encouraged to but their own little twist on it. Would also be good for sharing ideas and bouncing off one another xx

I would love to concentrate more on working in the make up industry but I just don't know where to start! Something like this would be great also with the mini master class xx

I would guidance from yourself like a mini masterclass; because I'm not confident. Also I would prefer a theme! x

That sounds like a wonderful idea.

It can be hard to attract clients without a great portfolio, and hard to get a great portfolio without clients, photographers and a great setting!

This sounds like a brilliant way to get new makeup artists up and running, AND a great way to share tips with others.

Best of luck!

X

For it to work properly I would need to be charging somewhere between €150 -€200 depending on numbers . Do you think this price is reasonable? Would it put you off?

I personally think it is good value as you get a make up lesson , as well as a model , hairstylist and photographer but would just like to hear everyone else thoughts :)

Thank for all your input so far :) xx

I think that sounds like very good value.

I think it's a really good idea for you to share your fabulous talent.

It's a lot to cram into a day....could you, perhaps, make it 2 days; first day workshops with you. They could then formulate their ideas, and then practise on the morning of day 2 and have the shoot in the afternoon.

Go for it. Your work is fabulous!

Yes I would pay this, your work is amazing!x

Hi,
I was about to post "How to set up a portfolio photoshoot?" lol.
I have been struggling to update my images - mostly quick shots by me after a makeover, but it is difficult on your own. I can only make up one model at a time so to arrange a photographer to come is just pointless.
How many models would we be able to make up and how many images would you plan for us to end up with please?
Sounds like a great idea - also would this be in Ireland or the UK please - I am in the north west x

These are some shots I did for a MUA and model on a TFP basis. Used to do these if I fancied trying something new and/or felt like I needed to update my portfolio.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402701227.299548.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402701238.460825.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402701250.743073.jpg

There are some fab photographers in Ireland who would do this for a day rate.

Good luck x

Latest posts

Back