Make up Artists and Mascara?

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone on here can enlighten me! I have just started a make up course and have been getting all excited about getting a kit together! Then a question hit me about Mascara, if you are making someone up, how do you use mascara with out risk of cross infection? Is it just a case of washing the brush everytime? Or do you rely on false lashes?

Jen Smith

theHOTWAXroom
Hi Everyone,

I hope someone on here can enlighten me! I have just started a make up course and have been getting all excited about getting a kit together! Then a question hit me about Mascara, if you are making someone up, how do you use mascara with out risk of cross infection? Is it just a case of washing the brush everytime? Or do you rely on false lashes?

You can buy disposable mascara brushes ... job solved :)

Ah ha! Now why didn't I think of that :lol:

Thanks for your speedy reply!

hiya i got a great tip when i used to do body shop at home, when you get a new mascara, cut the wand off, stops the habit of using that wand and saves the question of where to put it. hope that helps
esther xxx

pazzy

Yes disposable mascara wands are perfect. I was alwasy taught at college to use 2 seperate wands one for each eye .

oey

This is how we were taught at college too but I do love the brush that comes with the Max Factor Masterpiece mascara, what I have decided to do is to save the brushes as I come to the end of the tube and I can then wash/sterilise them in between clients and still be able to use the "perfect brush".

chantell simone

Yes disposable mascara wands are perfect. I was alwasy taught at college to use 2 seperate wands one for each eye .
this is the exact answer i would give, its all about hygiene