Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For really dry skin, what kind of foundation would you use?

I done a bridal make up the other week and she was really happy with it but she mentioned her wrinkles looked deeper, i had used studio fix foundation by mac followed by translucent powder she was 40+ should I use a different foundation for maturer skin? X

I done a bridal make up the other week and she was really happy with it but she mentioned her wrinkles looked deeper, i had used studio fix foundation by mac followed by translucent powder she was 40+ should I use a different foundation for maturer skin? X

Hi,
I usually use channel vital lumiere for a mature skin then don't over powder- just on t zone v lightly- use a pro powder such as MAC invisible or channel.
Thanks

That foundation is fine for mature skin, just add a blob of MAC's Strobe Cream to diffuse the wrinkles. A lot of people stay stick to matte with mature skin but that is oh so wrong & unflattering, you need a little bit of luminance :)

Or use a Mineralise Skinfinish to powder in her corresponding shade. It'll absorb excess oil without mattifying. hth

Re mature skin: I used a very light layer of mac face and body on my last bride's mum and I applied it with my fingers and blended out with a beauty blender. Then a very light dusting of powder.

I also use mac face and body on nearly all mature skins so flattering and not heavy at all.

Thanks everyone I have no face and body in my kit but I shall stock up on some! Can you recommend what's shades are best so I can mix colours.

Also the strobe cream does that photograph ok for brides?

Thanks all x

Strobe cream flashes back (unless it's changed since i stopped using it a few years back). I'm wearing it in my avatar pic, hence the flash bouncing off my face! :)

Strobe cream flashes back (unless it's changed since i stopped using it a few years back). I'm wearing it in my avatar pic, hence the flash bouncing off my face! :)

Thanks love :) x

I absolutely love this thread! I'm a makeup junkie. I'm only on the 2nd page of reading up on the fab tips I've read so far so once I'm up to speed I'll whack some of my own tips in.

One tip I love to do myself:

I have so many makeup brushes by so many different brands and it gets hard to remember them all. When writing them down for a trial day which one Ive used to apply a certain product, sometimes one brush may have been used a lot so the name and number of it may be fading. To prevent this from happening, every time I buy a new brush, I put a couple of coats of clear nail varnish over it :) this perseveres the name, logo, code. I've done this to ALL my mac brushes, their names and numbers fade so easily.

xProjectPrettyx

Could someone help I want to buy a light medium and dark mac foundation, but not sure what to go for, any advice xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Could someone help I want to buy a light medium and dark mac foundation, but not sure what to go for, any advice xx

Is it for your personal use or commercial? Will it be photographed? It all depends on what you need it for & one foundation won't suit everyone so you may need to get a couple of types (liquid, powder etc)

Am actually wanting to take a make up course before Xmas it really is maybe to offer make up and party lashes for girls nights out just as an add on? Xx

Anybody mind giving me a few tips for what to buy in xx

I do make up on so many different skin tones and my secret weapon is definitely Kryolan. You can only purchase their products from Charles Fox, a professional cosmetics company that import the best products from around the world. They do beauty and also special effects cosmetics. you can contact them direct via website they will send you a PDF catalogue or you can visit their store. Their is only one main one (I think may have now opened two) but their main one is in Covent Garden, London. You can't purchase their products online via websites (not legit anyway) the reason I recommend Kryolan is because they do a fantastic foundation pallet with either 6, 15, or 24 colours and I was amazed at their price. fantastic quality professional makeup for £60+ for several shades. amazing! I would definitely recommend you look into them. I have the 15 ultra pallet and it's my pride and joy. my clients absolutely love it too.

hope this helps.

xProjectPrettyx

I do make up on so many different skin tones and my secret weapon is definitely Kryolan. You can only purchase their products from Charles Fox, a professional cosmetics company that import the best products from around the world. They do beauty and also special effects cosmetics. you can contact them direct via website they will send you a PDF catalogue or you can visit their store. Their is only one main one (I think may have now opened two) but their main one is in Covent Garden, London. You can't purchase their products online via websites (not legit anyway) the reason I recommend Kryolan is because they do a fantastic foundation pallet with either 6, 15, or 24 colours and I was amazed at their price. fantastic quality professional makeup for £60+ for several shades. amazing! I would definitely recommend you look into them. I have the 15 ultra pallet and it's my pride and joy. my clients absolutely love it too.

hope this helps.

xProjectPrettyx

This helps loads thanks, I was looking at the graftobian pallets don't suppose you had tried them?

What powder do you use to set the kryolan foundations? X

Thanks love :) x

Strobe Cream doesn't flash back the way SPF (titanium dioxide) does to make you look like a ghost, it just makes you look glowy just as a normal highlighter would in photos

This helps loads thanks, I was looking at the graftobian pallets don't suppose you had tried them?

What powder do you use to set the kryolan foundations? X

I use a translucent to suit all skin tones but I have used the Kryolan powder pallet too. not used graftobian. If anyone can let me know what that's like I'd really appreciate that :)

xProjectPrettyx

I use a translucent to suit all skin tones but I have used the Kryolan powder pallet too. not used graftobian. If anyone can let me know what that's like I'd really appreciate that :)

xProjectPrettyx

Did you like the kryolan? Xx

Thanks everyone I have no face and body in my kit but I shall stock up on some! Can you recommend what's shades are best so I can mix colours.

Also the strobe cream does that photograph ok for brides?

Thanks all x
I use this under foundation as a subtle initial highlight and it photographs beautifully .

X

Latest posts

Back