Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where does everyone get there eyeshadow sponge applicators? x

Sponge applicators?? Wash your mouth out!!! ;-)

Seriously though i never use them. I prefer brushes. But you can buy them in boots.

Lol I like using them, what brushes do you use?

I use all types of brushes, different ones depending on what Im using it for. I personally prefer synthetic brushes.

I'd only use synthetic, just always used sponge applicators to apply eye shadow then a blending brush to blend. X

Could you recommend a brush for applying eye shadow?x

Me again! Love this thread..

Just wondering, I have just completed & 100% passed my make up module on my VCTC level 2 beauty course, I have also completed a 9 module online make up course (good for theory but I definately realise it was no qualification as I did no practical) , also a make up masterclass with certificate (again I realise not enough of a qualification) & soon will be doing an advanced make up course with Inglot which is certified.

Does this all qualify me as a make up artist or is it not enough? Appreciate any help at all! :)

Could you recommend a brush for applying eye shadow?x

Again I use different ones depending on what im going for. A flat stiff brush is good for packing on colour. A fluffier one for more diffused look and blending etc. Get yourself a good selection of brushes.

Crownbrush's syntho range is great and very affordable. Also check out Sigma and bdellium which you can get on cocktail cosmetics. Real Techniques are also great and available in boots and superdrug.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Me again! Love this thread..

Just wondering, I have just completed & 100% passed my make up module on my VCTC level 2 beauty course, I have also completed a 9 module online make up course (good for theory but I definately realise it was no qualification as I did no practical) , also a make up masterclass with certificate (again I realise not enough of a qualification) & soon will be doing an advanced make up course with Inglot which is certified.

Does this all qualify me as a make up artist or is it not enough? Appreciate any help at all! :)

Qualify you for what? To get insurance? Your vctc will prob do that. You say the inglot course is certified... with who? Is it accredited by anyone?

Qualify you for what? To get insurance? Your vctc will prob do that. You say the inglot course is certified... with who? Is it accredited by anyone?

I have full insurance for all beauty including make up.. Qualify me as a make up artist I mean. It is just certified by them & their brand.

I have full insurance for all beauty including make up.. Qualify me as a make up artist I mean. It is just certified by them & their brand.

Your existing qualification already does that then. Makeup is about flair and talent more than qualifications. Although it's good to have something on paper to obtain your insurance, which you already have.

Your existing qualification already does that then. Makeup is about flair and talent more than qualifications. Although it's good to have something on paper to obtain your insurance, which you already have.

Great, thanks for your help :)

Again I use different ones depending on what im going for. A flat stiff brush is good for packing on colour. A fluffier one for more diffused look and blending etc. Get yourself a good selection of brushes.

Crownbrush's syntho range is great and very affordable. Also check out Sigma and bdellium which you can get on cocktail cosmetics. Real Techniques are also great and available in boots and superdrug.

Thank you :) x

Crownbrush.co.uk

Is there a brush set from crown that you would recommend for starting out?

I covered make up years ago at college but have a course next week as a refresher type thing as never done anything with it. I am looking to offer the service in my salon.

I do make up on so many different skin tones and my secret weapon is definitely Kryolan. You can only purchase their products from Charles Fox, a professional cosmetics company that import the best products from around the world. They do beauty and also special effects cosmetics. you can contact them direct via website they will send you a PDF catalogue or you can visit their store. Their is only one main one (I think may have now opened two) but their main one is in Covent Garden, London. You can't purchase their products online via websites (not legit anyway) the reason I recommend Kryolan is because they do a fantastic foundation pallet with either 6, 15, or 24 colours and I was amazed at their price. fantastic quality professional makeup for £60+ for several shades. amazing! I would definitely recommend you look into them. I have the 15 ultra pallet and it's my pride and joy. my clients absolutely love it too.

hope this helps.

xProjectPrettyx

Would you recommend this pallet for starting up a kit? Also what about the concealer pallet? Xx

Jane Iredale all the way fantastic mineral makeup. They train you in the basics. Photography and bridal makeup. Perfect coverage for all ages. Can use straight after aesthetic treatments apart from dermal needling which you use nothing for 24 hours. Great for dark circles. I have used several different types of makeup ut not one feels so light and stays put all day does not block pores etc.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388782056.598571.jpg

I am really really new to make up & here are some eyes I have done, Im nowhere near confident yet but I hope they arent awful! Some of the work on here is amazing & great tips!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388782036.932042.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388782036.932042.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 230
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388782047.314920.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388782047.314920.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 204
Sponge applicators?? Wash your mouth out!!! ;-)

Seriously though i never use them. I prefer brushes. But you can buy them in boots.

Lol I bloody hate them! I use about 4 or 5 brushes to apply eye makeup xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Lol I bloody hate them! I use about 4 or 5 brushes to apply eye makeup xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Same. Sponge applicators are awful things and a waste of money. First thing I do when I buy an eyeshadow palette that has one in is bin the useless thing!!

Would you recommend this pallet for starting up a kit? Also what about the concealer pallet? Xx

Most definitely! Kryolan also do concealer. I have a dark, a mid-tone and a light one from MAC studio finish and also correctors too.

xProjectPrettyx

Latest posts

Back