Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crown Brush is always a good starting point - I love them!

I don't suppose there are any make-up artists that also do hair up who are looking for bridal work in Hertfordshire?! I am looking for someone to join my team!! ;)

Can anyone recommend a good green concealer?x

I never use it but I know Kryolan do a concealer palette that has a green in. I'm sure brands like Ben Nye will have them too. Do you have any pro makeup stores near you that you can go look at?

I never use it but I know Kryolan do a concealer palette that has a green in. I'm sure brands like Ben Nye will have them too. Do you have any pro makeup stores near you that you can go look at?

None that I know of, it's Northern Ireland you know; we are 20 years behind everyone else lol :lol: will just have to buy and hope for the best x

None that I know of, it's Northern Ireland you know; we are 20 years behind everyone else lol :lol: will just have to buy and hope for the best x
ah ok :)

Have a look on Guru makeup emporium or PAM's website. I think makeup forever do one and pros can get a discount on MUFE with those companies. Well definitely with Guru anyway, PAM's might be in store only.

I would be interested in seeing everyone's station set up photos. Those of use in a salon do you have a pacific area set up? X

Artdeco have a full range of concealer and camouflage products.

0151 421 1234

ArtdecoMUA xxx

Attachments

• 1549456_666572616726773_270742971_n.jpg
    1549456_666572616726773_270742971_n.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 225
I don't suppose there are any make-up artists that also do hair up who are looking for bridal work in Hertfordshire?! I am looking for someone to join my team!! ;)

If only this advert said the West Midlands! I do makeup and hair up as well as nails!

xProjectPrettyx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389602429.844686.jpg

If you can get hold of this for in your kit I would strongly recommend it!
Luckily my husband goes to the states twice a year, it's amazing!
I'm more of a gel pot eyeliner kind of girl, as I feel the pens dry up too quick or the nip is too thick and clumpy, however this one is so fine and it just glides on.
The after photo of this one was taken 8 hours after I applied it. x

View attachment 52617

If you can get hold of this for in your kit I would strongly recommend it!
Luckily my husband goes to the states twice a year, it's amazing!
I'm more of a gel pot eyeliner kind of girl, as I feel the pens dry up too quick or the nip is too thick and clumpy, however this one is so fine and it just glides on.
The after photo of this one was taken 8 hours after I applied it. x

How can you have a pen in your kit? That can't be hygienic? Surely cleaning it every time would dry it out.

How can you have a pen in your kit? That can't be hygienic? Surely cleaning it every time would dry it out.
I was just gonna ask this, how do you sanitise it?

I've never put an eyeliner pen (or liquid liner) in my kit because of this. I use gel liner instead.

Also I am not a fan of the pens, but I do like a good liquid liner, I use it on myself all the time.

It is kind of a shame we can't get the Kat Von D stuff over here, as we don't have Sephora. Although that upsets me in one way, it also makes me glad as I would be bankrupt if there was one near me. It's like a candy store!

Hi everyone,

I have a question to make-up artists about calculating the material costs for an application. How do you do this?

I could count the number of applications I get out of a foundation or would the brand already have estimated that? For everything else like shadow, blush, lipstick, it seems impossible to know how much it costs.

Any help would be brilliant, thanks!

Alcohol sprayed onto a tissue and swiped and leaving it to totally dry.
The pen had a ball inside which you shake to keep it fluid and bring the product forward. There isn't a huge build up of product on the brush so you don't get waste.

I was just gonna ask this, how do you sanitise it?

I've never put an eyeliner pen (or liquid liner) in my kit because of this. I use gel liner instead.

Also I am not a fan of the pens, but I do like a good liquid liner, I use it on myself all the time.

It is kind of a shame we can't get the Kat Von D stuff over here, as we don't have Sephora. Although that upsets me in one way, it also makes me glad as I would be bankrupt if there was one near me. It's like a candy store!

I'm obsessed with Bobbi Brown gels and MAC fluid line but when I saw it had so many great reviews I though I would try it!
I know my poor husband gets a list as long as his arm when he goes and just hands it into the girls!

What cleansers/toners/moisturisers do you all use? :)

What cleansers/toners/moisturisers do you all use? :)

Eve Taylor. I bought the mobile kit and I decided not to do facials so I kept the products for my kit.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

What lipsticks and lip glosses does everyone like/reccomend xx

What lipsticks and lip glosses does everyone like/reccomend xx

Loving Inglot berry lip collection at the moment, stays on forever & had no teeth stains at all!

Latest posts

Back