Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really struggle with under eye concealer, can anyone recommend some fail safe brands and how/when they to apply them.
Mine does not seem to last or conceal very well. I have used Bobbi Brown, Benefit and can not seem to get the coverage I want. Any tips or advice would be great.

TIA

I really struggle with under eye concealer, can anyone recommend some fail safe brands and how/when they to apply them.
Mine does not seem to last or conceal very well. I have used Bobbi Brown, Benefit and can not seem to get the coverage I want. Any tips or advice would be great.

TIA

I find Mac Pro long wear liquid concealer good or Clinique all about the eyes I think it's called xx

TIA

I worked for Bobbi for a couple of years.. What problem are you having? Are you using a corrector as well as a concealer? X

i have pale dehydrated skin and find it impossible to find a good coverage non drying foundation, looking for something that is flawless and has no spf, i currently use atelier and have used illamasque is the past, any of the mac foundation are too dark.
i am also building up a kit and need recommendations of make up for brides and mother of the bride

Hi I'm not a mua but do wear double wear foundation for weddings as I think lasts for a while but this time I took photos I ended up looking like a ghost :confused: I believe its called flashback??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm a trained MUA and I use double wear and double wear light on brides, however If I use double wear I ensure I powder the face afterwards with a non translucent powder, also you will find that professional photographers don't have an issue with flash back as their cameras are pretty advanced and they can correct any colourings! I wore double wear on my wedding day and had no issues you just need to to know how to correct it with powder x

Hey, not sure if it's been covered (sorry if has) just bought dermablend + love it ! Jw if anyone has used it for any weddings ??

First time trying and think it is personally brill (covers my tattoo!) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400599523.238227.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400599536.724601.jpg

I worked for Bobbi for a couple of years.. What problem are you having? Are you using a corrector as well as a concealer? X

For darkness under the eye I use the corrector, Just on the area itself and blend out the edges, then use the powder that accompanies it. I can still see the darkness, its better but not enough.

If I then conceal I feel that any wrinkles are then more evident!

Any help would be great, or any U tube videos that would be beneficial. :lol:

The dermabkend coverage is fab hun! Ive got a tester kit,trying it on a future bride tomoro.
I find the mac concealer best, I use nw20. X

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

For darkness under the eye I use the corrector, Just on the area itself and blend out the edges, then use the powder that accompanies it. I can still see the darkness, its better but not enough.

If I then conceal I feel that any wrinkles are then more evident!

Any help would be great, or any U tube videos that would be beneficial. :lol:

With Bobbi the concealers are really prone to creasing if they are applied too thick.. You probably need a different shade corrector. I still use my Bobbi corrector but I tend to use my MAC Studio Fix concealer on the top as it's less creamy than the Bobbi concealer.

I'm a trained MUA and I use double wear and double wear light on brides, however If I use double wear I ensure I powder the face afterwards with a non translucent powder, also you will find that professional photographers don't have an issue with flash back as their cameras are pretty advanced and they can correct any colourings! I wore double wear on my wedding day and had no issues you just need to to know how to correct it with powder x

Hi Kirsty

Can I ask which powder you used over double wear to counteract the flash back?

X

The dermabkend coverage is fab hun! Ive got a tester kit,trying it on a future bride tomoro.
I find the mac concealer best, I use nw20. X

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Where did you get the tester kit from ? Will you let me know how it goes please :)) x

TIA

I struggle too. I use bobbie brown brightener and MAC prolong wear too. I then use a a HD powder (Nars or elf) to set it. xx

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek app

Hi ladies

When doing smokey eye with clusters, do you apply the lashes before or after the eye makeup? Im getting myself totally muddled up and cant decide! Xxx

After. Doesn't makes sense to me to do them before.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can anyone recommend a mineral make up range? I was thinking of bare essentials but they seem to be really hard to get hold of anyone.

Can anyone recommend a mineral make up range? I was thinking of bare essentials but they seem to be really hard to get hold of anyone.

Jane Iredale or Cozmetic Lab x

Highlight, contour, blush!

Can anyone help with nerves doing makeup!

I am qualified with more than one make up certificate and have been told by my make up artist tutor that I will be very successful with makeup and she has recommended me for jobs already.

I just always feel like Im not good enough at it no matter what I do! I just see pages on Instagram & Inglot & best myself up if im not as good as them right away! I always gets soo nervous doing make up because people are very very particular with make up! I have spent years looking at tutorials and reading up on theory before all my courses but I still dont feel confident yet!

Sarah the only way to get confidence is to practice. When I first started I was super nervous and I still do get nervous always will. But I know I do a good job.

The first wedding I ever did was my best friend's and I was bricking it and saying are you sure I'm good enough... she told me she thought I absolutely was (and a few things I won't repeat haha) and so I had to get on with it and jyst pretend I was doing our make up for a night out like I had a hundred times before.

Believe in yourself. Your tutor does so go for it!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Could anyone recommend a good foundation to start off with that doesn't cost a fortune? There's so many brands I don't know what to try thanks

Latest posts

Back