Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have Mac fix+
Load your brush with your chosen highlighter & give it a spritz of fix+ & apply it.
Makes a huge difference, especially for those that love that really strong highlighted, dewy look. x

I never thought about using my fix + spray, I use it to intensify eyeshadow, how I can be dumb not to think of that ! Lol do you spritz your highlight brush then, as it's a fluffy brush x

I never thought about using my fix + spray, I use it to intensify eyeshadow, how I can be dumb not to think of that ! Lol do you spritz your highlight brush then, as it's a fluffy brush x

I saw another make up artist do it and was like I'm trying that!! I've now rediscovered all of my highlighters I didn't think we're that great. :)

I use a fan brush to apply highlight but I'm sure it would work on whichever brush you choose. x

I saw another make up artist do it and was like I'm trying that!! I've now rediscovered all of my highlighters I didn't think we're that great. :)

I use a fan brush to apply highlight but I'm sure it would work on whichever brush you choose. x

Thank you so much, going to practise tonight just need to get more bottles of fix + now though lol x

Can anyone help me with mac studio fix colours? I'm struggling to match myself, even though I find it very easy to match others/clients with face and body.

I love studio fix for a good coverage and staying power for a night out etc but have always struggled with getting matched up. I have very neutral undertones (can wear both silver and gold jewellery, look good wearing white, have both green/blue veins, skin tans but can also burn if I'm out too long without SPF), and every time I go to the mac counter they match me as something different. :confused:

I've been matched as NW20, NW25, and once NC15 (WAY too light and it looked absolutely ridiculous). My problem is even though I am very neutral, I suffer with skin sensitivity on my face which makes it look a bit pink and I flush very easily. I think this is why I most often get matched as an NW20, and I've even purchased this colour but it just seems to look a bit 'off' and can make me look an orangey colour easily and seems to emphasise the pinkness rather than cancelling it out and matching the rest of my body.

I have yet to try an NC20/25 colour since they do look very yellow/light. Is this not the case when they're applied to the skin? Do they work to cancel out redness or do you have to have very olive skin for them to work?

Ohh and has anyone used the Bobbi brown vitamin enriched base before ? Just purchased some and going to try on my friend tonight x
I do the same, bit of fix+ before the glitter, I use a small flat synthetic brush but it's personal preference I guess, I just find it nice and precise. Bobbi brown vit enriched face base is beeeaauutiful, smells gorgeous. Will prime the face as well (although I use additional primer most of the time) love all the bb skincare range xx

Can any of you ladies recommend a good waterline eyeliner I need a black and a nude/White one for a wedding I have coming up so needs to stay put ? Xx

Can any of you ladies recommend a good waterline eyeliner I need a black and a nude/White one for a wedding I have coming up so needs to stay put ? Xx

Provoc semi permanent liners are amazing! They literally do not budge from the waterline. I couldn't live without them. They have a fab range of colours too x

I'm having an annoying problem. Everytime I attempt to do a dark undereye, I'm finding it hard to blend, any tips or suggestions ?
I tend to be blending + blending + it just goes to far down then, I'm getting so annoyed with it as I'm really trying to perfect it :( here's a pic of my friend + if you can tell undereye looks a little 'dark' not good dark either lol x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    524.8 KB · Views: 174
I'm having an annoying problem. Everytime I attempt to do a dark undereye, I'm finding it hard to blend, any tips or suggestions ?
I tend to be blending + blending + it just goes to far down then, I'm getting so annoyed with it as I'm really trying to perfect it :( here's a pic of my friend + if you can tell undereye looks a little 'dark' not good dark either lol x

What brush/brushes are you using for the undereye?
I use either a push liner brush or a flat short haired brush to do the blend under the eye as I find the product doesn't spread out so much. x

What brush/brushes are you using for the undereye?
I use either a push liner brush or a flat short haired brush to do the blend under the eye as I find the product doesn't spread out so much. x

I use a smudge brush. Zoeva one I think is it. It's a dome shaped dense brush. I think I'm using wrong products tbh. I use a gel liner then smudge that out with the brush then go in with black shadow x

Hi makeup geeks :) can anyone recommend a good lipstick that will last well? Just starting out so I don't want to spend the earth. However on myself I have found a maybelline matte lipstick - that's lasts so well! Would it be dead unprofessional to use maybelline as a MUA? X

I'm having a nightmare trying to re-create fluffy brows like these can anyone help me ? I love them and I sure how they are staying up.
Any hints/tips/process to help me I'd greatly appreciate thanks x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 137
Hi makeup geeks :) can anyone recommend a good lipstick that will last well? Just starting out so I don't want to spend the earth. However on myself I have found a maybelline matte lipstick - that's lasts so well! Would it be dead unprofessional to use maybelline as a MUA? X

I now opt for liquid lipsticks as they lost full 8 hours my favorite are from OFRA as they don't dry your lips or crack them , or Mac make a range but after using it for a day you need a lip recovery serum so I prefer the mousse version from ofra.

Or mattifying regular lipstick using powder also works

I'm having a nightmare trying to re-create fluffy brows like these can anyone help me ? I love them and I sure how they are staying up.

Urban Decay do a clear brow gel, that could help stick them up!
And putting brow product on a mascara wand and running it through the brows could make them look fluffy :)

Urban Decay do a clear brow gel, that could help stick them up!
And putting brow product on a mascara wand and running it through the brows could make them look fluffy :)

Thanks HcBrows, I've not tried the urban decay, is it like a gel in a tube ? I have the anastacia Beverly Hills gel, that's a thick consistency + used a mascara wand with that but doesn't really keep them stuck, they fall after about an hour :( it's harder than it looks lol

That's a plouise image I think, and they use hairspray to keep the hairs up :|

Just looking back at this thread,
Have you tried using brown before the black on the under eye area?
I use a soft brown & blend that out then use black on top. (Same as I would when applying shadow to the top lid) That way I don't have to blend the black out too much to get that smokey look if that makes sense x

I love maybelline lipsticks and they last really well - I've given lipsticks away or say where they can buy and they are always grateful ;)

Who uses nyx make up in their kit? Is it ok to work with x

Who uses nyx make up in their kit? Is it ok to work with x

I have a few Nyx products in my kit.
lip & eyeliners, pore filler primer & a few blushers
Their milk pencil is one of my fave products!
x

Latest posts

Back