Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I'm not a mua but do wear double wear foundation for weddings as I think lasts for a while but this time I took photos I ended up looking like a ghost :confused: I believe its called flashback??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1398089663989.jpg
    1398089663989.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 315
Double wear has flashback. If you want to stick with Estée Lauder switch to double wear light

xxx

Loving this thread ladies. ;-)

Hi all!
Watched a YouTube video by Wayne Goss about wearing blusher UNDER foundation,any of you do this?
He did one a couple of weeks ago about applying powder before foundation,but its actually pretty good!
So his routine is: moisturizer, powder,blush,foundation

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi all!
Watched a YouTube video by Wayne Goss about wearing blusher UNDER foundation,any of you do this?
He did one a couple of weeks ago about applying powder before foundation,but its actually pretty good!

I seen the powder one and have tried it about 5 times now..it seems the foundation goes on better and it does last that bit longer, would be great for oily skin to powder before and after but as I have dry skin I will only powder once.

Must try the blusher one as I feel too much blusher can wreck a look!

Hi ladies,
Mi have a Bride who wants a heavy smokey eye for a wedding on Saturday. We did a slight smokey eye on her trial but she has since messaged me wanting a full on eye. She's a friend of mine so it's fine and no issue.

I'm going to bring a charcoal down under lower lash line but really worried about panda eyes. Would you ladies use a pencil and smudge the line or a powder? I've not done this for bridal before to last all day!
I would probably use powder. Although if she really wants it intense, I'd use a liner then set it with powder. A bit of your eyeshadow primer on the lower lash line first will help as well.

Hi all!

I tried the powder first, foundation second and it didn't work for me. But I am quite dry.

Hi all!

I have done a "powder sandwich" on very oily skinned people in the past - powder, foundation, powder. Not something I need myself, or most people, but it worked really well for the VERY oily skinned clients.

There was me thinking I was a genius for coming up with it, ha ha!

I bought a small kit in a pouch from them at the beauty show last year, had some sort of creme foundation, a sparkly pigment & a yellow concealor. To be honest I didnt find the stuff great, the woman was very pushy so I felt I had to but them and the foundation is about 5 shades too dark for my skin (unfortunately I was new & afraid to say anything then!). The pigment is nice but I havent used anything else from it, others may find it different though :)

Same. Never heard of it.bought it at a show prob from the same pushy woman!!I was told they used it on britains next top model and for miss world (hmmm, not so sure about that)
Compact foundation quit e nice, light coverage. OK for every day. The glitter pot is lovely.

I've got a couple of Helen e foundations that I got free. They are ridiculously dark for supposedly the lighter shades. It does cover well though.

Hiya :) this thread is fantastic! I've been youtube obsessed the last week or so too...I'm currently a beauty therapist but always had a passion for makeup so looking into a new business venture and new courses :) I'm trained with Jane Iredale and have experience with make up.
A few of you ladies have put up lists of your top products which is absolutely fantastic :)

But can anyone recommend some lose pigments that I can use on the eyes please? :) xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Hiya :) this thread is fantastic! I've been youtube obsessed the last week or so too...I'm currently a beauty therapist but always had a passion for makeup so looking into a new business venture and new courses :) I'm trained with Jane Iredale and have experience with make up.
A few of you ladies have put up lists of your top products which is absolutely fantastic :)

But can anyone recommend some lose pigments that I can use on the eyes please? :) xx

Pigments are my faaaaaave! Mac of course have lovely pigments but they are pricey at around €25.

You can actually use CND additives or pigments and they work just as well, Barry M also have glitter pigments out now that I have just spotted in boots & had to drag myself away from, just under €6 and really great colours! Use Inglot Duraline underneath and you're good to go :)

Are cnd additives eye/lip safe?

I love sugarpill and occ for pigments. Concrete minerals are great too!

Edit: nyx have loads of pigments and glitters as well.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Are cnd additives eye/lip safe?

I love sugarpill and occ for pigments. Concrete minerals are great too!

Edit: nyx have loads of pigments and glitters as wdll.

They are just like any other pigment, I have used them plenty of times on eyes & even lips for shows & they are the same as any other pigment I have used :)

They are just like any other pigment, I have used them plenty of times on eyes & even lips for shows & they are the same as any other pigment I have used :)

Not really no. If it doesnt state that they're eye/lip safe then they might not be!, You should check before using them for any purpose besides the one they're designed for even if you've used them before on yourself.

Thanks ladies :) best get shopping ;) xx

I seen the powder one and have tried it about 5 times now..it seems the foundation goes on better and it does last that bit longer, would be great for oily skin to powder before and after but as I have dry skin I will only powder once.

Must try the blusher one as I feel too much blusher can wreck a look!

I watched this video today and then tried it on myself and I thought it's amazing so easy to do and looks really nice x

Hi all!

I really love this technique, I tried on myself today and it looks amazing x

I'm going to stanstead airport next weekend, I won't have a lot to spend but fancy something from the Mac counter! (A colour product like lips, shadow or blusher) any suggestions? Maybe a good all round lip colour or a suits all blusher? or a nice bridal eyeshadow combo? (Not neutral) xXx

I am a pro MUA and i always get people who want cheaper makeup doing but you always get what you pay for!! If brides think they can get a long lasting professional finish for under £20 they will not - its a business for makeup artists too - you dont want to be making a loss, you have to think its your products, fuel, time and professional application and advice!!

MUA RECOMMENDATIONS:

Smashbox primer
Benefit Porefessional Primer
Revlon Colourstay Foundations - you can get a wide range of colours and suitable for Oily/combo skin and dry too - never had any complaints for flashback and they wear all day!! Application either with a damp beauty blender or sigma flat top kabuki.
Bobbi Brown under eye corrector is great for dark circles
MAC pro longwear concealer over top - does not crease
MAC prep and prime finishing powder or MAC MSF
Loreal True Match aswell fab mixed with strobe cream for mature skin
MAC eyeshadows or Lorac Pro Palette or Stila in the light palette good for neutral bridal colours and of course Naked 1,2 and 3!!
I use NYX Milk for my eyeshadow primer for paler skins
MAC Paintpot in painterly is good too
Blushers MAC or Illamasqua are fab but if you can get your hands on the Tarte amazonian clay blushers they last forever!
For highlighter MAC soft and Gentle or The Balm mary loumanizer

I have loads of tips and tricks so just ask if need be!! ;)

xxx

Hi

Can you advise me on products to use in a photography I work in a studio as an mua and for mature skin.

Do you also know what discount can you get in imats show as travelling from Scotland have to make it worth my while.

One more question I charge £50 per day at my work I could be doing 3 to 4 people including hair do you think its reasonable?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back