Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I really love it for the crease as I always find I smoke it out a little too much and it goes too soft. I use the MAC 219 (pencil brush) & got the Bobbi brown rich caramels pallet as there's a colour called rich caviar which is almost dark brown/black. I think it stays darker because it's warmer. If you still wanted it darker - say for a cut crease - I would do a base line of black gel liner and build a shadow over the top X

To intensify a black, use a black eyeliner as a base and smoke out and then go ontop of it with your shadow and boom no more washed out looking black

Would you do this just for the crease colour though ? I usually do it for the lid but not actually thought about it for the crease. Like a really dark matte black, I love urban decays black but it always looks more washed out than what I want x
Makeup geek corrupt is the blackest black shadow ever. Never looks washed out.

Can anyone recommend a light to buy for doing make up. I see the photography lights on eBay and wonder if they would be good x

How to you apply loose glitter the glue I have is pants and just goes on patchy! X

How to you apply loose glitter the glue I have is pants and just goes on patchy! X

I bought the fixing gel from glitter eyes.
You mix the loose glitter with he gel before applying. I love it and I don't get any fall out. It's so tidy to use, lasts all night and removes easily.
I also retail the kits to clients and have had excellent feedback so far.
x

Danielle Roberts (fantastic mua on youtube!) uses lash glue. I bought the Lit glitter glue and was so dissapointed as just didnt't "set" just stayed watery! I tried lash glue on myself And lets just say it doesn't budge!

I feel a bit silly writing this as you're obviously all super professional! But...
I'm looking into adding make up to my current list of services. I have some training to complete (online training...I can almost hear the gasps!!!) I'll add to this in the future with further training courses. However, I've been asked to do a pamper party, including make up, for a few 7 year olds. Do any of you have any hints and tips? The tips may be NO, DONT GO THERE. Either way I'd like to know your thoughts [emoji5]️
Thanks xxx

I feel a bit silly writing this as you're obviously all super professional! But...
I'm looking into adding make up to my current list of services. I have some training to complete (online training...I can almost hear the gasps!!!) I'll add to this in the future with further training courses. However, I've been asked to do a pamper party, including make up, for a few 7 year olds. Do any of you have any hints and tips? The tips may be NO, DONT GO THERE. Either way I'd like to know your thoughts
emoji5.png

Thanks xxx

I do pamper parties for children if you want to ask me some questions fire ahead via pm!

Your online training... Would this be covered by your insurance provider? I see them on wowcher etc and it will say 'certified by X' and I've never heard of the accrediation company.. Just a thought!

I use airbase for my foundation, so I start with the eyes then do a clean up of any fallen shadow, then prime the face and apply the base, works a treat and is a must for photographic make up as you don't want any eye shadow shimmer/specs left for the camera to pick up, x
I wondered if this was actually possible as was told in the training that the foundation had to be applied first. How do you protect the eyes when airbrushing do you use the shading pad?

Hi all has anyone tried the contour cosmetics palette please? If so what are your thoughts

There should be a make up section! [emoji5]️ I love all the tips and products that are suggested!

Eye liner or shadow first??!
Most people start applying the eye shadow first then the liner, however I'm just starting out with makeup and I'm dreadful with eyeliner so have to constantly remove to reapply meaning the shadow comes off too!! What did you guys do when starting out?

Shadow first. Liner takes practice so keep at it. You'll get there!

sha
Eye liner or shadow first??!
Most people start applying the eye shadow first then the liner, however I'm just starting out with makeup and I'm dreadful with eyeliner so have to constantly remove to reapply meaning the shadow comes off too!! What did you guys do when starting out?

shadow first, eyeliner takes so much practise to get right,

but what you could do is use a fine flat brush and draw on a guide line of dark or black eyeshadow as a liner first of all, then put liner over top

sometimes for older ladies I use this eyeshadow as eyeliner to give a softer effect

Does anyone suggest any places to buy glitter from ? I'm wanting it for the eyes and I've found a lot arnt as fine as what I'd like.
I don't really want to spend too much either on glitter. I bought a Mac copper/bronzes colour and its very chunky and barely used lol x

Does anyone suggest any places to buy glitter from ? I'm wanting it for the eyes and I've found a lot arnt as fine as what I'd like.
I don't really want to spend too much either on glitter. I bought a Mac copper/bronzes colour and its very chunky and barely used lol x

I buy (and retail) mine from glitter eyes. x

Latest posts

Back