Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wondered how make up artists rate no 7? Would you class it as a high end brand and are there any favourite products? I had noticed Michelle Keegans make up artist used a no 7 lipgloss on her lips [emoji5]️

I wondered how make up artists rate no 7? Would you class it as a high end brand and are there any favourite products? I had noticed Michelle Keegans make up artist used a no 7 lipgloss on her lips [emoji5]️

I'm personally not a fan of their foundations, I find their colour range quite dark & the ones I've tried oxidised & didn't leave a nice finish. But their glosses are lovely.
I wouldn't say it's a high end brand, more high street but if you find something you like working with, you get good results and the client is happy then go for it id say. x

I use either two coats of Mac Pro Longwear for drier skins or Estee Lauder Double Wear for a full coverage.

Yeh its 50%+ pigment, the rest is waxes etc. so its definitely got the colour! I think its a bit tricky to work with.

I've not used Mac Pro long wear before, is it worth it ? I use my makeup forever on drier skin and that seems to work good.
I loved double wear for years but realised I was getting that flashback, has it changed maybe ?

It is really tricky to work with ! Lol still trying to find different ways to get most out of it x

I've not used Mac Pro long wear before, is it worth it ? I use my makeup forever on drier skin and that seems to work good.
I loved double wear for years but realised I was getting that flashback, has it changed maybe ?

It is really tricky to work with ! Lol still trying to find different ways to get most out of it x

I'll put a picture of an image of a bride that I did and the picture was taken with flash and you can see what the flashback is like, I used the MAC pro longwear on her with is SPF 10 (same as double wear)

In my opinion I think the flashback is minimal but you can let me know what you think.

I didn't get on too well with the MUFE HD but thats probably just my skin I am so dry and dehydrated.

My friend is a photographer and she'd actually never heard of or experienced flashback and shes done 150 weddings!

T

What do you think about flashback? Also got a very interesting read for you I will post in next post!

Has anyone ever heard of applying a thin layer of Mac face and body over the top of double wear to maybe help with the flash back ?

Has anyone ever heard of applying a thin layer of Mac face and body over the top of double wear to maybe help with the flash back ?

Would be interesting to see if this works I might test it out. Although I'd imagine double wear is heavy enough on the skin never mind with another layer of foundation!

That article was so interesting, great explanation!

Oh yeah I know I just remember reading somewhere that if someone wanted the coverage and staying power of double wear that applying a very light amount of face and body wud help with how it photographs I don't have either foundations at moment to try it out I'm just looking at all my options while trying to build a kit lol X

Hi. I haven't been on here for a while.

I am in the process of building up my makeup kit & would like to use Estee Lauder Long Wear Foundation.

As there are so many colours, which 4 colours would you suggest I purchase to begin with. TIA

Can anyone suggest an alternative to Eldora lashes H167 please ? I've attached pic of them if don't know what they look like.
Thanks x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 55

I am in the process of building up my makeup kit & would like to use Estee Lauder Long Wear Foundation.

As there are so many colours, which 4 colours would you suggest I purchase to begin with. TIA

Anyone

Can anyone help me. I seem to be getting quite a few dehydrated ladies in for makeup lately. The makeup I'm using seems to just not look smooth Even when I really prime.
Is there anything I'm missing ? Any tips ? A preferable primer ?
Cheers x

Can anyone help me. I seem to be getting quite a few dehydrated ladies in for makeup lately. The makeup I'm using seems to just not look smooth Even when I really prime.
Is there anything I'm missing ? Any tips ? A preferable primer ?
Cheers x

I use Embryolisse cream as a moisturiser/primer on drier skins. That stuff is a god send [emoji119] x

I use Embryolisse cream as a moisturiser/primer on drier skins. That stuff is a god send [emoji119] x

Thank you I may have to get some. I've been mixing a little bit of oil with my foundation but it still seems to sit. I always believe in a actual primer though lol maybe get the cream and then a primer ? I've not tried hydra veil yet, may get that aswell and try out on my sis in law x

Less is more when it comes to dry skin (I have reeeeeallly dry skin). Lighter coverage, less buffing (I use my fingers and a beauty blender) and making sure the skin is well prepped. Exfoliated and moisturised.

Thanks Salj, but what if a lady says she wants full coverage ? I have quite a few who say this lol I don't actually use my beauty blender with dry skin only for the concealer blending, good idea thanks :) x

Double wear?
1c1
1n2
2n1
3n1

My go to shades hope that helps!

Thank you I may have to get some. I've been mixing a little bit of oil with my foundation but it still seems to sit. I always believe in a actual primer though lol maybe get the cream and then a primer ? I've not tried hydra veil yet, may get that aswell and try out on my sis in law x

I used to use hydra veil but since using the Embryolisse I don't find I have the need for it anymore.

Honestly I thought the same as you when I first bought it about also needing a primer but you really don't need it. Try it and see. ;) Xx

See it's all cracked ? I've tried looking on website I got it but nothing's showing, do you think I should contact them ? X

Did you get this replaced? Shouldn't look like that at all x

Latest posts

Back