Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Embryolisse cream as a moisturiser/primer on drier skins. That stuff is a god send [emoji119] x

What foundation do you use over the top of that? X

I'm interested to know what you guys use on brows. I currently use an HD palette which is coming to an end but I've seen some fab brow make up on some of the pics on here. Thanks in advance

Did you get this replaced? Shouldn't look like that at all x

Is this for my RMCA palette ? I messaged and sent them photos and they advised its due to cold weather that past few days we were having.

Is this for my RMCA palette ? I messaged and sent them photos and they advised its due to cold weather that past few days we were having.

Hi, yes for the palette. Are you happy with that? Could well be the cold...hadn't thought of that x

Did you get this replaced? Shouldn't look like that at all x

Is this for my RMCA palette ? I messaged and sent them photos and they advised its due to cold weather that past few days we were having. Although I do feel like it is quite hard to blend but could just be me lol x

Best highlighter ? I have Becca 'champagne pop' and urban decays afterglow in aurora. A topshop one that's a gold sheen - I know topshop but it's amazing ! Very golden bronze goddess look lol

I debating on anastacia Beverley hills glow palette or macs mineralise ? Or any other suggestions plz pros x

The balm's Mary loumaniser is beautiful and quite intense.

I would go with the Anastasia kit if you can find it. It's been sold out for ages on cult beauty and Sephora.

Thanks SalJ
Is the balm one cream or a powder ? I love he idea of intensity. I want that really dewy look. Without having to pack and pack and pack, just taking more time.

I am wanting it, it's not a main priority for the anastacia kit though, I'm happy to wait lol x

Anyone recommend a good pink toned highlight which isn't too pink but ideal for the "english rose" client. I think the anastasia ones look slightly too dark/ coral but maybe I'm wrong.

The Balm Mary lou manizer is my favourite item in my whole kit!!! I just love it! Use it with fix + to really intensify!

Great thread as I'm a newly qualified make-up artist so really looking for some tips and advice. Don't feel too confident yet :(
I felt the exact same way but don't worry keep going for it and soon your confidence will build up keep practicing on as many different faces just to keep your hand in it hope this helps :) xx

hello jordanna, I just noticed we live in the same area when I was looking through this post! I live in enfield. I have also just started out in make-up last year (ish) I have done about 3 weddings now. I am always looking for more faces to practice on and wondered if you fancied a make up session. Pm me if you are interested Stef x

I wondered how make up artists rate no 7? Would you class it as a high end brand and are there any favourite products? I had noticed Michelle Keegans make up artist used a no 7 lipgloss on her lips [emoji5]️
I like their face powders and lipsticks. I have a few lipsticks that are creamy and last well. The packaging is great too. I find with lipstick I prefer to use a range of high end (ish) Mac and high street too. As the high street have a good selection of lipstick colours and last well too.

hello jordanna, I just noticed we live in the same area when I was looking through this post! I live in enfield. I have also just started out in make-up last year (ish) I have done about 3 weddings now. I am always looking for more faces to practice on and wondered if you fancied a make up session. Pm me if you are interested Stef x
Hi stef I would love to im always looking for practice as well let me know when your free and we can make a day of it look forward to hearing from you :) xx

Thanks SalJ
Is the balm one cream or a powder ? I love he idea of intensity. I want that really dewy look. Without having to pack and pack and pack, just taking more time.

I am wanting it, it's not a main priority for the anastacia kit though, I'm happy to wait lol x
It's a powder. It's lovely.

I've ordered the anastacia Beverly Hills glow kit in gleam. Going to try that + get the balm one aswell, best to try all :D x

I'm wanting to work more with glitter. I find it quite hard to apply, can anyone give any tips/hint how to apply ? Or what brush to use ? I see some using a short fluffy brush, but I've always used a synthetic dense brush x

Ohh and has anyone used the Bobbi brown vitamin enriched base before ? Just purchased some and going to try on my friend tonight x

Thanks SalJ

If you have Mac fix+
Load your brush with your chosen highlighter & give it a spritz of fix+ & apply it.
Makes a huge difference, especially for those that love that really strong highlighted, dewy look. x

Latest posts

Back