Make up artists please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candystarrstarr

Reaction score
Hi,

Im looking to start a make up course, I've already been practising and advertising as I feel confident to the make up but I would just like a qualification:certificate and that security of knowing I am doing everything right! I'm only looking at doing wedding, prom and occasion make up that sort of thing , but I have no idea what courses to do as I here so many people saying what a wast of money some are! Is there any you guys would recommend? Or any advice you can give me? my current kit it pretty good but I would like a bit more advice also on essential foundations and powders please :)

Thank you candy x

I've been toying with doing a course with either London Muse or AOFM. They both do foundation courses and bridal specific ones. I'm still on maternity leave so planning to take one nearer the end of the year so I'm ready for next year. I haven't really found any others that I like the look of tbh.

Both look good but I think amof has more to offer, plus it mentions they are on the mac website so you can get a mac pro card :) but the other one offer 0% finance over 12 months which is great! Oh I'm so confused lol I am also in maternity leave and am looking to complete the course before I go back to work.

Aofm* lol baby brain stil :-/

I've been toying with doing a course with either London Muse or AOFM. They both do foundation courses and bridal specific ones. I'm still on maternity leave so planning to take one nearer the end of the year so I'm ready for next year. I haven't really found any others that I like the look of tbh.

But have you seen the prices?!!!!

I just found the make-up training academy. The owner is Cristine Bleakley, the make-up artist who did daniel craig for 007 movies etc! So cool!

here's a link to their page:- Make-up Training Academy London

I just found the make-up training academy. The owner is Cristine Bleakley, the make-up artist who did daniel craig for 007 movies etc! So cool!

Just had a look, it to me looks really thorough in what your taught, hmm I wish you hadn't posted this link bcos I want to do it now ;) lol xx

Look around at a lot of courses call them up and see if you get a feel for them and them for you really too. I found a lot were quite pretentious but then others couldnt have been more caring and interested in me. Be careful regarding a mac pro card. Mac defines a course as lasting 4 weeks or more monday to friday. You are not likely to get a pro account after a 5 day course.

Thanks everyone it's just so confusing picking the right one there's so many!

I thought Christine Bleakley was the bird from the One Show that's now with Frank Lampard?

Lol yes so did I, there must be 2

Just wondering what course you ended up taking??

I would suggest if you are already confident and just wanting the qualification, just pick a course that sounds fun, but one that isn't too expensive. Pick an accredited one as well for insurance purposes.

MUSE do a bridal bootcamp weekend which looks brilliant. I already do wedding make up but I quite fancy doing it just for a bit of inspiration!!

Edit: gah sorry - just realised this thread is super old!! hahah.

Latest posts

Back