Make up brands for brides?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terrib

Reaction score
Hi there,

can anyone reccomend a fab makeup brand to use on brides without the mobile kits costing the earth!!

Many thanks x

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Foundations that don't contain any light reflecting or illuminating properties. You don't want her shining in the photos. If you want a drug store brand one, I LOVE rimmel London 25 hour protection. The one with the red top not the squeeze bottle one. I just used it for a wedding back in September, and her skin looked beautiful in the photos.

I've heard Estée Lauder have a nice one also! HTH a lil

Hi, private message me with your details and I will send info to you. X

I would recommend ND Makeup, the products are amazing and at a very good price!
If you google ND Makeup Artists they have a website :)
Take a look :-D

Xx

Before you go out and fill you kit with pharmacy brands , why don't you take a look at the discount programs most make up companies offer to make up artists. Mac, Bobby Brown, Make Up Forever, Illamasqua all offer up to 40% off their make up to professionals.

So you may find yourself paying more the pharmacy brands than something you could pay from a high end brand.

Also remember your market , brides are notoriously label mad ! If your getting married do you want a rimmel foundation ??? I think not.

Shop smart and your make up kit does not have to cost the earth.

Hope that helps

I'm in the process of building my kit and have done a lot of research on what foundations other muas carry and recommend. Make Up Forever HD seems to be right up there along with the rmca cream foundation palette.

I'm planning to carry a cream and a liquid so I'm covered for most skin types. I think I'm going to go with illamasqua skin base and the rmca palette. And smashbox primers. There's a website called in my kit which has reviews from a top artist in what he carries.

The rest of my kit is a total mish mash of brands- inglot, illamasqua, urban decay, mac, too faced, benefit, maybelline. I'd never go with just sticking to one single brand for everything.

[FONT=&quot]Makeup Brands like MAC, Clarins, Laura Merver, Origins and Stila all offer makeup and tools like brushes that are designed to help a woman look her best wherever she goes. There are products designed for casual everyday use, for work and for an evening on the town.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So what makeup brands does the well-prepared woman keep in her makeup drawer? At the top of the list are beauty tools including a versatile set of brushes and a hand held mirror. Since the brushes are used to apply certain kinds of makeup, well made-brushes, maybe a set of different sizes in a storage pouch so they’re easy to locate, can help make the daily routine smooth and fast.[/FONT]
;)

Before you go out and fill you kit with pharmacy brands , why don't you take a look at the discount programs most make up companies offer to make up artists. Mac, Bobby Brown, Make Up Forever, Illamasqua all offer up to 40% off their make up to professionals.

So you may find yourself paying more the pharmacy brands than something you could pay from a high end brand.

Also remember your market , brides are notoriously label mad ! If your getting married do you want a rimmel foundation ??? I think not.

Shop smart and your make up kit does not have to cost the earth.

Hope that helps

Hello, I understand what your saying. But I've found that brides also like seeing a brand that they can easily afford making their skin look flawless because its applied right. Therefore easily being able to try and recreate the looks after the wedding also. Just a different opinion I suppose from working with different people.

Fantastic comments really appreciate it xxxx

Are you looking for a MU just to use on brides or to retail as well? My kit has various brands, I use airbase as my foundation and the rest of my kit is mac, artdeco, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Channel, Lancôme, Urban Decay, OCC, Adesign and lots of other brands. There is a thread on here about MUA's top 3 products - might be with a look.

Hi there yes would like to retail to customers too will have a look xxx

i worked as a bridal makeup artist in a previous life .. sadly many brides are snobs about what makeup brands you use, MAC seemed to be the favourite, followed closely by the haute houses - chanel, lancome etc .. i think a kit with mixed brands is best for working with try and research the *hero* colours/brands from each company .. been a while but when i was doing bridals used to be diorshow for lashes, blushers from nars (orgasm!) mac lipsticks and eyeshadows etc .. although i never used them personally airbase and artdeco seemed to be becoming popular
hth x

my daughter wants to eventally train with samantha chapman and become a mua - she's always stuck one here, which i believe is great for finding out the latest *hero* cosmetics, just had quick look - she has loads recommendations which might get you off to a good start

Pixiwoo.com

hi, im starting up my own business and need some guidance... I need some ideas on make up brands, how to get some free samples, discounts etc..
I know mac is good, just trying to work out which is best and don't want to spend hundreds n hundreds lol x pls help. :o

hi, im starting up my own business and need some guidance... I need some ideas on make up brands, how to get some free samples, discounts etc..
I know mac is good, just trying to work out which is best and don't want to spend hundreds n hundreds lol x pls help. :eek:

Hi, Artdeco is the no1 Professional brand for Beauty Salons with 50 salons now using the brand across the UK

As a genuine High Street brand it gives you choice.

We have minimum orders of £2500 and we do discount schemes.

Last edited:
A vote for Art Deco here but the visits arent strictly true. I am in the South West so they were unsble to send anyone out which I find disappointing and a little short sighted to be honest as I am unable to trial more products which I have no doubt I would have bought had I had that visit.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I'm a big Jane Iredale fan - perfect for sensitive skins, excellent coverage for bridal, and great mark up for retail. Have a lot of clients struggling with poor skin and find massive improvements after a week of JI. Huge amount of base colours - bought the whole range when I started of base colours, and 2 weeks later did a trial for a large Asian wedding. Got the booking and it virtually paid for the whole kit! Looks very professional as well if you do something like a wedding fare! I don't do so many weddings now as we have a salon and are open Saturdays, but still retail loads. Hope that helps x

A vote for Art Deco here but the visits arent strictly true. I am in the South West so they were unsble to send anyone out which I find disappointing and a little short sighted to be honest as I am unable to trial more products which I have no doubt I would have bought had I had that visit.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Last edited:
Maybe you could try out some of the brands like BH cosmetics, Sigma, coastal Scents and Sedona Lace. They are less expensive but cant be bought in a drug store so the clients see them as professional. BH has a sale from time to time and their foundations go half off. I bought each shade for my kit and then I use a really good long wear setting spray like Ben Nye or Skindinavia. You could buy a brush set, foundations and then they have amazing deals on shadow, concealer and blush pallets so you could be set for fairly cheap. When I first started I spent about $200 on my kit from Mirabella which is a pro line sold at a discount to pros and it comes with a case and disposables. I have since gotten my pro cards and beefed up my kit with high end stuff. The issue with getting a pro card is you have to be working to have the credentials to get the card. Don't forget a good camera so you can build a portfolio! Remember that brides need long wear tear proof products and touch up kits so keep that in mind Good luck!

Hi, sorry you are disappointed, how far in the South West? We always do all the beauty shows and we are the only big Pro makeup brand to do this.

We spend a lot of money to support our customers which is why we just did the Birmingham show, following on from Scotland and London with Manchester to come later in the year.

This week one of our representatives is in Scotland visiting accounts.

For someone where we haven't got representative coverage we can send a special makeup set which includes the return postage. Would this help?

It isn't always feasible to travel 6 hours to one call and 6 hours back as this has to include an overnight expense for safety's sake. As you can imagine that;s problematical in business.

ArtdecoMUA xxx

I'm in the real South West of the country....far south devon! I totally understand it's not plausible but it is a real shame. It's having someone with product knowledge on hand that's massively useful as well as being able to try all of the products themselves.

Latest posts

Back